Chapter 11-therapist

-one week later-

I hesitantly walk into the bright room, neon colors striking my eyes so violently I have to wince to see anything. The walls are a very striking color of pink that I think no one but a 7 year old, Barbie obsessed little girl would choose. Couches and beanbags are scattered unceremoniously throughout the room, they also range in a questionable choice of neon colors. This whole room looks like it belongs more in a Dr. Seuss book than the doctor's office.

Gio walks in behind me, and I hear a small snort when he sees the room. I look towards him, an appalled look on my face. He chuckles at my expression before taking a seat in one of the beanbags close to the door, he falls farther than he expects and flails his arms around to catch himself. I laugh, seeing his body completely absorbed by the large bean bag. He grins at me, "well this room is very... vivid." I just nod, taking in the area. We look completely out of place, both of us in dark grey and black lounge wear.

I sit down in a bean bag as well, sinking so far that only my lower legs and head peep out of the bag. I try to move up, carefully, with my left arm still in the shoulder brace, but fail. Gio laughs at me, stuck in the small area. I scowl at him, which makes him laugh harder.

Before I can go to tell him to help me up there's a sharp knock at the door before a lengthy man—that also looks like he belongs in a Dr. Seuss book—strolls through the door. "Hello, Hello." he says in a cheery voice, appraising both Gio and I. He turns towards me, a weird looking, colorful clipboard in his hand. "It's wonderful to meet you. My names Dr. Quinny but you can call me Quinn." I smile slightly and nod to him. Pleased, he turns towards Gio. "you must be Mr. Ambrosi." he says with a nod with respect, " an honor, Sir." Gio nods to him.

I'm momentarily curious as to why he's so serious with him but before I can ask Quinn turns back towards me, an excited expression on his face. "Today is just a getting to know you cession to get comfortable with each other, okay?" he says before plopping down on the floor, leaning against a couch.

I nod, leaning up more so I'm not hidden. Happy that he's not expecting me to reveal all of my hidden secrets today. "Well," he starts, "My full name is Nathan Quinny but I prefer to be called Quinn, what about you?" he says even though I know he already knows my name.

"Ciana Alessia Mi...I mean Ambrosi. I don't really care what you call me." he nods, not even blinking at the mess up on my own name.

"Well, I really love the name Ciana, it's very beautiful, it means Gracious or light." he says smiling. "Did you know that?" I shake my head lightly. "Hmm, well why don't I call you Cece. is that okay?" I nod, liking the nickname.

The rest of the session goes pretty good, better than I thought. He ended up only asking me if I liked my new house and if I was excited for school. For which I provided small answers, still very nervous about a whole therapist thing. My brothers were very happy when I asked to see one, and had gotten me an appointment with who was said to be the best children's therapist in the whole of Italy.

-

This past week has gone amazing, I've set up a schedule everyday that I run by now. I'd begun to get up early and help Giovanni with breakfast. The first time, he had demanded that I go back to bed, but I eventually wore him down enough to let me help him a little bit. Ever since he's been showing me how to cook traditional dishes and I've gotten a lot better at baking and cooking itself. It's become one of my favorite times of the day even though I'm not really a morning person.After breakfast, I'll go up to my room and get ready for the day before wandering the mansion. Usually I end up at the library and find a good book to read until lunch. 

After lunch I will usually find one of my brothers to hang out with. Yesterday, Lucio and I watched a movie in the Cinema room. Cassio had wandered in about halfway through the movie and had sat down next to me. I had tensed up, but he had sat still throughout the movie, only making a few comments about how bad the movie was towards the end. That was the first interaction we'd had since that first night. I still don't know if my twin was avoiding me or we just hadn't crossed paths besides meals where he would straight up ignore me.