Chapter 7-the mall

I'm starting to regret my decision. I'm zipped into some tight, black riding gear that Elio said used to be his as a kid and a helmet is on my head. Elios is in the same style of gear and is pulling out a huge, powerful bike, he told me that technically he's only supposed to be riding a small bike with no passenger because he's not 18 yet but that now one needs to know.

Now I'm really regretting my decision, sitting on the back of the massive bike Elio starts the engine. The helmets have a way that we can talk to each other which is nice at least but Elio never seemed like much of a talker to me. " Don't worry, I've been riding for years." Elios smooth voice flows through the helmet as I nervously grab onto him.

"I thought you were only allowed to drive bikes when you were sixteen here?" I question. Elio laughs, "I bought my first bike when I was 13." we pull out into the driveway, before Elio takes off, causing me to cry out and grab him around his torso tighter. He laughs again, "you'll get used to it."

My arm stings as a hold onto him but doesn't hurt as bad as it did before. Elio had to help me into the gear earlier but I chalked it up to it being confusing, thankfully he believed me and said that it was confusing to get on for the first time for anyone.

We drive on the singular road surrounded by forest for about 5 minutes before we finally pull up to a gate. 4 guards stand there, once they see us pulling up, they open the gate. They nod as we roll past them. We drive for another minute before we pull up to another gate, and more guards open it. Finally we turn onto a road with other vehicles.

I know Elio can feel my curiosity with all of the precautions. I hear him sigh over the radio, " we're rich, very rich. And with money comes power that a lot of our competitors would love to take from us." Elio pauses, taking a deep breath, " It's the reason mama and papa died, they...they were killed five years ago. Alessio moved us all to this house. It's much safer, e con te qui ora ne abbiamo bisogno più che mai." ( and with you here now we need that more than ever ) he finishes in Italian.

We're quiet for a while before he starts up again, "they loved you so much. They were heartbroken when you were taken. They left everything and did all they could to look for you." he chuckles, "Kinda funny that you found us instead of us finding you."

'What were they like?" I ask timidly. As we pull up to a stop light.

He takes a heaving breath, "Mama was fierce. Her name was Alessia, it means protector. She definitely lived up to her name." he sighs, " she was wonderful. Extremely loving and caring even in the heartbreak of your kidnapping, she took care of all of us and was truly the best mother I could have asked for." I swear I hear a hitch in his voice when he finishes though I don't make a note on it.

"Papa was a lot of things. From what I remember he was different before you left...well, we all changed a lot because of it. Papa took care of us as well. Making sure we were all safe and well taken care of. He taught us how to be well respected men; manners, protection, business, how to treat a woman." he drones on. "He searched endlessly for you, they both did. You were there little girl. Ha. they loved us, but you were their baby. I'm sure they would give anything to be here right now, with you."

"I wish they were here." I said quietly.

"As do I."

We pull into the massive complex, before Elio finds a parking spot close to one of the many entrances. We leave our helmets by the bike as we walk toward the entrance. "Where to first?" Elio asks, looking towards me. I look around at the stores around us. My eyes bugging out at all of the crazy expensive brands. I look towards him, clueless. Seeing my expression he leads the way taking me into a store that looks way too expensive for me.