I Break a World Record

Look, I didn't want to be a half-blood.

Granted, if you gave any of us a choice in the matter, none of us would choose to be one. Running from monsters most of your life isn't exactly a fun time. Even if you do make it to the one safe place for people like us on this planet, you're essentially trapped there for the rest of your, likely, short life, and you're never able to explore the world.

If you're reading this because you think you're one of us, close this journal right now. Believe whatever the hell your mom, dad, grandma, older sibling, or guardian told you about your birth, and do your best just to live a normal life.

Being a Half-Blood is dangerous. Most of us die in terrible, excruciating ways. If you're a "normal" kid reading this and think that this is all fiction, more power to you, and boy do I envy you.

If you recognize yourself in these pages or feel some weird connection to whatever it is I'm writing here, stop reading. You may be one of us, and once you know that, it's only a matter of time before they sniff you out.

Don't say I didn't warn you.

My name is Y/N L/N

I'm Twelve years old.

This is my story.

—--------------------------------

3rd Person Perspective.

Flashback August 8th, 1993,

It was a stormy August evening. Melina Aurelian, a young woman in her mid-twenties with long, wavy brown hair and piercing blue eyes, sat typing away at her desk. Tomorrow was the beginning of the school year at Oakhill Academy, a school for orphaned or abandoned children, and she was tasked with ensuring that every student's schedule was in order and accounted for.

Knock Knock

Melina was snapped out of her work. "Come in!" she yelled Hoarsley. She hadn't spoken all day, and it clearly showed in her voice. One of the Grounds keepers, Lillian Fox, opened the door with a small woven basket in her hands.

"Ms. Aurelian, I found this in the woods outside of campus and thought you would have a better idea of how to deal with him." She placed the basket on Melina's Desk and waited quietly.

Melina stared down at the basket's contents. A baby lay inside, swaddled in a green blanket, with a small note. The note read, "His name is Y/N L/N. Please take care of him."

She raised her eyebrow at Lillian, "no contact information?"

Lillian shook her head and replied, "Nothing, just that note and the bracelet."

Melina rubbed her temples, muttering, "People need to read our instructions on the website when it comes to abandoning their damn kids..."

She finally got out of her chair, standing at an impressive 6'2, towering over Lillian's 5'3 frame, and stared down at the child who had started to fuss in his swaddle. Normally, she'd simply hand any children off to one of the nannies who worked under her, but there was something peculiar about this boy that drew her to him. Studying him for a moment, Lillian's voice broke her train of thought.

"He's the cutest little thing, isn't he?" She interjected.

Melina ran her fingers through the small tufts of hair on Y/N's head, muttering, "Yeah, I guess he is..." She had a wistful look as she rubbed the boy's cheek. "He certainly is." She began to remove her hand from the infant before Lillian grabbed her wrist and said: