I Get a Nickname

[Y/N's POV]

Word of the bathroom incident spread quickly. Wherever we went, campers pointed at Percy and murmured something about toilet water. Or maybe they were staring at Annabeth and I who were somehow completely dry despite being in there with him for all they knew.

She showed us a few more places: the metal shop (where kids were forging their own swords), the arts and crafts room (where Satyrs were sandblasting a giant marble statue of a goat man), and the climbing wall, which consisted of two facing walls that shook violently dropping boulders, spewing lava and clashing together if you didn't get fast enough.

I'm not going anywhere near that death trap.

Eventually, we returned to the canoeing lake, where the trail led back to the cabins.

"I've got training to do," Annabeth murmured, the incident between us still fresh in our minds. "Dinner's at Seven-Thirty. Just follow your cabins to the mess hall."

She turned to Percy. "You need to talk to the Oracle."

"Who?"

"Not who. What. The Oracle. I'll ask Chiron about it."

I heard a whistle from the pier and spotted two teenage girls sitting cross-legged at the base of the pier, Beckoning me over. One of them had green skin, and the other looked pretty normal. I gave them a flustered wave in return.

Annabeth furrowed her brow at me "Don't encourage them, Y/N. Nature spirits are terrible flirts."

Percy sighed "That's it, I wanna go home now."

Annabeth frowned "Don't you get it? You are home. This is the only safe place on earth for kids like you."

"You mean mentally disturbed kids?"

"I mean not human, not totally human anyway."

"Half-human and half-what?"

I put my face in my hands. There was no way he was this stupid, right? He was there when Chiron explained it to us, right?

Percy went quiet for a moment.

"God." He whispered. "Half god... That's crazy."

"Is it? What did gods always use to do in the old stories?" Annabeth asked. "They ran around falling in love with humans and having kids with them."

"But those are just-" Percy paused, "But if all the kids here are half-gods."

"Demigods," Annabeth corrected, "That's the official term. Or Half-Bloods"

"Then, who's your dad?"

Annabeth's grip tightened on the pier railing. He just hit a sore spot for her. I'm not the best with people, but even I know that.

"My dad is a professor at West Point," she clarified. "I haven't seen him since I was a little kid. He teaches American History.

"He's human?" Percy asked, genuinely confused.

"What? You assume it has to be a male god who finds a human female attractive? How sexist is that?" She huffed angrily.

Deciding to try and ease the tension and asked, "Who's your mom, then?"

Annabeth seemed to perk up immediately, standing proud. "Cabin six, Athena, goddess of wisdom and battle."

"Then who's my dad?" Percy Questioned.