I Accept a Quest.

[Y/N's POV]

The next morning, Chiron moved me to Cabin Eight.

The Cabin was nice. The inside resembled a standard log cabin, with paintings and carvings of various wild animals along the walls. There were rows of beds along both walls and a large Bronze Brazier in the middle of the room. Somehow, the fire in it didn't produce any smoke, which I was thankful for. The place reminded me of the skiing lodge I went to in Jackson, Wyoming. Every piece of furniture was rustic and looked hand-crafted and practical.

There was a private room at the back of the cabin. Inside was a simple walk-in closet and a queen-sized bed with a bedside table next to it. There was even a small kitchenette equipped with a two-burner stove. Instead of a conventional refrigerator, there was a small icebox under the counter and a small sink. Hanging from the wall were all sorts of utensils for preparing game. Connected was a full-sized bathroom with a shower/bath combo.

My favorite part of the place was when you turned off the lights and flipped another switch; the ceiling somehow changed to reflect the sky outside. If I did it now, I'd see the bright sky outside. I couldn't wait to see how beautiful it would look when I went to bed that night. I'd always loved sleeping under the stars, and this would let me do that without having to deal with annoying mosquitoes and other creepy crawlies.

I didn't have to share with anybody. I had plenty of room for all of my things. Which admittedly wasn't much. I got to sit at my own table at dinner, pick all my daily activities, and call "Lights Out" Whenever I felt like it. When I was in here, nobody could tell me what to do.

After being claimed, I had gotten stronger too. In combat, it was like things moved in slow motion at times, even slower than my normal demigod reaction time made things seem. When I fought, it felt like I was being fed information on the physiology of my opponents. Any weak spots or previous injuries I could exploit were known to me now. I guess being claimed enabled me to activate that "Hunter's instinct" that I'd used when I fought Odontotyrannos or when I beat Luke that one time. Using it was tiring, though. When I had the energy, I was a force to be reckoned with. When that energy ran out, things didn't move as slowly, but I was still about as effective as any Demigod was in a fight.

But I was absolutely miserable.

After I had managed to disarm Luke that one time, I felt like I'd gained the respect of the occupants of Cabin Eleven. I felt accepted. I felt normal. Well, about as normal as you can be when you're a Half-Blood.

But now? I was an outcast. Separated from the other's like I had the plague. The other campers steered clear of me as much as possible. Cabin Eleven didn't want anything to do with me. Percy was in a pretty similar situation. Luke started to give Percy private lessons that were even more intense than before.

Annabeth still taught Percy and I Greek in the mornings, but she seemed distracted. Every time Percy said something, she'd scowl at him as if he'd personally insulted her or something. After our lessons, she'd walk away muttering, "Quest... Poseidon?... Dirty Rotten Fish breath...Gotta make a plan..."

She didn't seem peeved with me, at least. In fact, she offered me extra one-on-one lessons with her. She and Lou were basically the only people other than Percy and Grover willing to get within 5 feet of me.

Well, that's a half-lie. Annabeth, Lou, and Percy were the only three campers who'd get within 5 feet of me. The nature spirits, especially the dryads, seemed to be attracted to me like moths to a flame. Fighting them off last night and for the first few hours I spent in the woods today was a struggle, but eventually, they toned down their advances and just talked to me.