Prodigal Son

[Lou Ellen's POV]

Annabeth was standing out there clinging to Y/N like he'd disappear if she let go.

I hated it.

I stared at my feet and rocked back and forth, trying to decide what to open with.

"Lou?" A voice behind me asked.

"Huh?" I muttered, turning around. Standing there was Leah, the Apollo girl who had been helping Y/N the last few days.

She was... Alright. She hadn't given me a reason to despise her.

Yet.

Leah was a little older than I was. She told us she had turned 14 at the tail end of June. She had long, curly ginger hair, which she kept in a ponytail, and friendly light blue eyes.

(Sophia Lillis as Leah daughter of Apollo)

"Heya! I just wanted to ask you a quick question. I was going to ask Annabeth, but she was all wrapped up in Y/N's arms and whatnot..." she trailed off.

"A-anyways! I noticed that you're pretty good friends with Y/N and wanted to ask if maybe you'd introduce us...?" She asked.

I take back what I said earlier. I despise Leah Roberts.

"Why?" I asked, trying to keep my voice level.

"Oh, well... he just seems like a nice guy, you know? Fighting Luke so Percy could alert camp like that. It takes a really brave person to do that." She paused, "I just wanna learn more about him. "

I narrowed my eyes at her, "I see."

Leah turned her gaze toward Annabeth and Y/N, "Ugh, could she be any more obvious?"

My ears perked up at that, "who, Annabeth?"

She chuckled, "Yeah, who else? She's always throwing herself at him. And between you and me? I've always thought she was pretty stuck up. The whole 'I'm a child of Athena, and I'm smarter than you' spiel."

"Y-yeah, I get what you mean, honestly. It feels lik-"

Leah's eyes widened in shock. "Did she just bite him on the neck?"

I whipped my head around to find her with teeth gently sunk into his neck before she ran off. Y/N merely rubbed the spot she had bitten and made his way back to us.

"I think I would've preferred if she'd just punched me like normal," he joked, running his fingers over the bite mark. "She really could've been a little more gentl-"

Leah grabbed him by the chin and had him face her. She inspected the bite mark, letting out a "Tsk."

"Come with me. I'm going to get that cleaned," she muttered.