See You Again

[Y/N's POV]

I'd almost died several times by now, but this was the one I thought was going to be the final straw for sure.

Stuck in the bottom of an Ironclad, a mere few feet from some boilers that would blow Tyson and me smithereens, what hope did we have?

Well, clearly somebody, the fates, Macaria, Hades, Poseidon. Somebody was looking down on me with pity because when I opened my eyes again, I wasn't met with the line to be judged for Elysium or the Field of Punishment. I wasn't even met with Macaria waiting on her bed, ready to chew me out.

When I opened my eyes, I was met with a bright blue sky, palm trees gently swaying in the breeze, the sounds of seagulls Cawing and flapping their wings flying above me. The ocean gently splashed against me, dampening my clothes as I breathed as best I could.

I don't know how I'd lived, by all logic, an explosion that's close even if I was resistant to fire should've ruptured every single one of my organs into nothing but mush.

I heard the quiet gurgling of a fountain in the distance, waves gently beating against the shoreline, and the sweet scent of fresh fruit permeating the air.

My throat felt so incredibly dry, my one good eye was straining against the sun beating down on me.  I tried to get up, but my body failed me, sending me back down to the floor as I tried lifting myself.

"Stay still," an angelic voice whispered, stroking my cheek, "You're still hurt; let me take care of you."

I felt her lift my head and place it in her lap. It was the softest pillow I'd ever felt. A cold sensation hit my forehead, a few droplets of water running down my face as she placed a cool towel on me. A spoon hovered above my face as a warm liquid dropped into my mouth, a tingling sensation dancing over my tongue as the liquid dropped down my throat. It was the best-tasting thing I'd ever had. Nectar tasted like good memories, but this tasted indescribable, like little drops of heaven on my tongue.

The girl finally looked down at me so I could see her, and my breath got caught in my throat.

She really was an Angel...

A beautiful girl stared back at me, probably fifteen if I had to guess, with beautiful Amber-colored eyes scanning my face. She had a small smile on her face, her caramel hair braided over her shoulder. She wore a sleeveless white dress with a low neck seam trimmed gold.

I'd never seen Aphrodite, but if I ever met her, she'd look exactly like this girl.

She started singing, and my pain faded away when she did so. Her voice was like a little slice of heaven. Her singing was like magic. I could feel my wounds closing, the pain leaving my body. Everything that was wrong was fading away as she sang.

"Are you an Angel?" I whispered.

"Shhh, my starlight," she cooed, "I am Calypso. Rest and heal. No harm will come to you here."

It was like I couldn't say no to her words. My eyes felt heavy as they slowly shut, and my consciousness slowly faded away.

—————————

When I woke up, I was staring at the ceiling of a cave. It wasn't like the other caves I've explored in the past. Unlike the ones in the underworld, it was surprisingly pleasant.

The ceiling was lined with clusters of glittering crystals, multi-colored and brilliant to behold. It was like looking through a kaleidoscope. The bed I was on felt like I was laying on a cloud, perfectly fluffed and soft, with equally comfortable pillows and blankets.