19|| Empty eyes

"Eyes are captivatingly beautiful. Not because of the color, but because of words they hold within them."

• Third person POV•

Mama placed the handmade blanket on the grass and carefully straightened it out. Papa held the basket full of food in his left hand and held his seven-year-old daughter's hand in the other.

The gentle breeze danced through the air causing Mama's long curly hair to flow beautifully in the soft wind.

Dandelions blew through the breeze as a promise of happiness. The green grass bristled with every bit of wind and the birds sang their happy tunes.

"Come," Mama gestured to the blanket, taking a seat herself on the soft fabric.

Papa followed her actions as he placed the woven basket down in the middle. "Come on, Ace." He called out to his beloved daughter.

"What about the ants?" The sweet and innocent child asked as she eyed the ant piles a few feet away.

Mama chuckled softly and gently wrapped the child's hand. "Stop worrying so much, baby. It'll give you wrinkles." Mama playfully scolded as she scooped her baby up into her arms.

"Like papa?" The child asked as she moved to take her seat in between her parents.

Papa gasped playfully and placed a hand to his heart, seemingly offended. "I do not have wrinkles!" Papa said with a grin, his eyes wrinkled around the edges.

"Now, it is not right to lie to your children," Mama spoke with a giggle and Papa scowled at his wife's comment but yet his eyes were still filled with love and affection for his favorite girls.

"You're on thin ice missy," Papa warned her, his finger pointed in Mama's direction.

"Louis, you cannot threaten someone with a smile on your face." Mama let out an angelic laugh as she stared at the man she risked everything to be with.

Papa gave Mama a loving look to which Mama returned.

"I would never threaten you, my love," Papa replied and leaned over, placing a peck on Mama's temple. To which she giggled softly as his beard hairs tickled her.

Papa began taking out items of food from the basket Mama neatly stocked with different varieties of food and drinks.

"Belle, what would you like to eat," Papa asked his copy. [French: beautiful]

Ace looked at the large variety of food and treats, thinking of what to eat first. "That," her small finger pointed towards a dish laid out in front of her.

Papa grinned brightly and grabbed the food, handing it to his offspring. "You have great taste." He commented.

"She gets it from me," Mama said proudly.

"You wish." papa remarked. The couple in love began a long and heated discussion. "Fine, let's call it a tie. Ace gets amazing qualities from both of us."

Mama smiled happily and agreed. She finally turned to face her baby. "How's the food?" Mama asked with pure curiosity.

Ace smiles up at her Mama, showing the chewed-up mess in her mouth. "It's yummy!" Ace exclamations happily.