TO LOVE IS TO LET GO

May 2015

It wasn't too long ago when I found myself driving towards the airport , my knuckles white as I hold onto the steering wheel as I rush on the empty road just to make it before she leaves. Only to find myself doing it again a few weeks later with a crying Milk at the back and Love on a panic state as she tries to stop the girl from crying. As heart wrenching as it was, I found myself smiling in this situation. I caught myself in. Why did I even agree to drive into the airport when I know they're just going to be sickening couple who's about to say goodbye?

Oh yeah, right. Love trusted no one else to accompany Milk to bring her home safely.

"Ciize, please stop smiling."

Love complains as she reaches out the touch Milk's face that was popping out between our heads, eyes swollen with her tear-stained cheeks.

"Sorry, I can't help it. It looks like the end of the world for her, and you'll only be gone for a month or so."

I stated which earned a hard slap on my arm.

"Ouch. Milk, I am driving."

"And I am literally here!"

She sniffles in between her pouty complain.

"You too are just unbelievable. Please don't fight later, focus on your driving, Ciize."

"You literally sound like Mom. We'll be fine, I'll bring your girlfriend home safely."

I say as I took a turn towards the departure gate.

"Or you won't have someone to come home too."

"Ciize."

She warns as she continues to watch the tears off Milk's cheeks.

"I mean it, no fighting. We all know how distracted you both get when you two fight. Especially on you, Milk. It's always a hard time putting a smile on that face this past few days because you two are on a cold war."

"Love, stop it." Milk groans, pulling away to sit properly on the back.

"No, I really mean it. Whatever you two are going through fix it while I'm gone."

"What's it with me?" Milk points I watch her on the rearview mirror.

"I'll come home as fast as I can if you both settle it quickly."

She finishes as I pulled the handbrake and suddenly warm lips were pressed on my cheeks, surprising me.

"We're okay now. So don't go?"

Milk offers making Love laugh and shake her head with the girl's antics.

"I meant talking. And if it wasn't for Ciize, I would be worried about you, kissing impulsively like that." She teases as we all went out of the car.

"Other than coming home as soon as I can, to get to spend some quality time like you both used to." She further explains

"Don't be like that, Love. You're not a bother to what I and Milk have, and you're not held responsible to how our relationship became to be."

I tried as genuine as I can, because regardless of how hard this whole thing has become for me, Love was not the biggest part of the problem. And she has not that anything wrong at all, consciously, of course.