Epilogue

Summer 2022

Ciize has been through a couple of plane rides from the couple of years she has spent in this world, a few countries that she has visited either due to work or vacation. So it's safe to say that airplane rides are supposed to be nothing new, nothing to be nervous about and feel anxious for. But her fingers plays on to her seat belt as she can't stay still, gazing around like she's looking for something, her mind wandering for the things she probably left at home, thinking of reasons that could convince her to back out but as long fingers brushes through her hand and being held into that familiar warmth, she breathes out a nervous sigh. She looks at her right, at the girl whose face is enlightened by warm ray from the sunset by the plane's small window. With the smile that she has called home for the past years and is capable of easing her frantic heart, she unconsciously nuzzles her nose on to the latter's shoulder.

"You alright? You look a little tense and your hand is cold too."

"Hm." She hums in response as she nods gently for reassurance. "Just cold feet, I guess."

She hears the other girl chuckle and feels the constant rise and fall of the shoulders she was settled on. She pulls away as a pout forms in her lips as she senses the light teasing on her lover's laugh. "Earn." She warns before resting her head at the girl's shoulder, the pout fading just as quickly it has appeared as she plays with Earn's fingers rather than the cold metal belt she was busy earlier on.

"I'm sorry, love. But you've been talking about going back home since forever. You're probably just excited."

She feels Earn leaning towards her too and resting her head onto Ciize's.

"Okay, maybe you're just scared of how much things has changed, and that's fine. You know that right? It's okay to be scared but I promise that it will be worth all the packing and this long flight. You're finally coming home,love."

The gentle squeeze on her hand was all she needed to be convince that Earn was right, everything will be fine. Things may have changed but home will always be home and she misses nothing more than how she misses her family. Besides, she has Earn to take all her worries away.

'You're right, Love. I'm finally coming home. And I have you with me.' She told herself.

—-

"Mom? We just got our bags. Are you here already? Oh wait, I can see you now."

Ciize ends the call as she waves to catch her Mother's attention who was searching her from the big crowd of passengers. Her other hand was pulling their large suitcase and Earn clinging into her arm as she pulls another luggage too.

"Are you alright, love?"

She ask Earn as she unconsciously checks on the latter's state, making sure she was not having a hard time with the luggage, even if it was a lot smaller than to what she has. Just habits she has developed for the latter. Earn nods with a smile on her cheeks and reassures the latter from her worries because gazes like these doesn't go unnoticed for Earn. They have learned each other's love language, with Earn's words of affirmation and Ciize's acts of service, this understanding has helped them to have that strong bond that kept them intact all these years because both love language complimented with how they wanted to be loved.

"Ciize! OMG, I missed you so much, my baby!"

Her mother was almost close to tears with how much her heart crave for Ciize, the longing was just terrible for her even with the constant visit she was doing to UK. The tight embrace showed how much she has misses her baby, and if Ciize wasn't feeling just as much ache in her heart for missing her Mother, she would've complained of being called 'my baby' in public.