comfort

TW: mentions of miscarriage
-- this is quite a small one as the next one will be bigger. --

summary; p2 from last upload.

word count: 328 words

as marjorie pulled up into the bar she took a deep breath before walking in. she looked around but couldn't see autumn. then she saw her. she was sitting by herself at the corner of the bar with a glass of wine her hands. except her eyes looked glossy. like they had been crying and her hair was down covering her face.

as she approached and sat next to her she looked over at autumns sad eyes and said "autumn i" before she could finish her sentence autumn interrupted her.

"marjorie if you are here to give me some kind of pep talk." autumn said angirly

"no. no-no pep talk im just here to have a drink." which autumn replied with a glare. "in silence." marjorie said. she really knew autumn to well.

"but if you did want me to go just say the word and i'll leave." marjorie said.

"marjorie." autumn said softly "ill take that hug now." autumn said with sadness in her voice making marjorie to stunned to speak. she knew how much autumn hated physical touch and how she didn't even let marjorie hug her when she found out. she didnt realise just how much autumn was hurting.

"okay." marjorie said supportively and threw her arms rounder best friend. which autumn just stayed where she was. as she didn't want to wrap her arms rounder just yet.

"autumn im so sorry." marjorie whispered in her ears.

they just sat there together for a while. autumn enjoying the embrace for once and marjorie holding her best friend. autumn needed the comfort from her best friend. even though she would never tell mariorie that she viewed her as her best friend she didn't need to. they both knew that they were each others ride or die. whether is was an parent who left their child and showed up days later or marjories car getting smashed up they both knew they could count on each other.

they were both there for each other during high times and low.

as autumn started to pull away Marjorie let go feeling a lot better.

"marjorie. can you message winter to come pick me up for me? and you can tell reece when you get home. i don't want to be the one to tell him." she said softly.

"of course my love." marjorie said as she got her phone out and called winter. to no one's shock he picked up almost immediately.

as winter pulled up marjorie walked autumn to the car waving them both goodbye before getting in her own car and driving back home.

_________________________________

"darling im home." marjorie said with a sad tone.

"oh hello. i wanted to show you something do you think autumn would like it?" reece said as he showed a picture of a baby outfit in his phone. "it's for both genders as we don't know the gender but i think she will like it. do you?" reece said looking in her eyes.

"darling i think you should sit down." marjorie said in a serious tone.

"marjoie have i upset you? what's wrong?" he said as he sat down grabbing her hands and holding it.

"it's about autumn." she muttered softly.

"what? oh my god what happened?" he said as his concern slowly rised.

"the baby. it." marjorie didn't need to finish her sentence reece would know what she meant.

he stared at her in shock. he knew how excited autumn was to have the baby. when they were younger he would listen to her telling him stories on how she would dress up her children when she was older and had kids and how they would be very loved. he knew she was shattered.

an single tear fell out of his eye.

"ill get siobhan to cover for me tomorrow. i need to see her." he said

"i saw her at the bar. she looked the same. but her hair wasn't as tidy, her makeup was stained on her face form crying and she looked broken." marjorie said while looking in his eyes.

he looked broken for aut. he was in shock. words could not express his emotions.

__________________________________