gone for good.

A/N: yipeeee!! this is so sad but i had the idea so.... actually wrote my own quote for once. it's not that good but it felt right!
ITS BEEN A WHOLE MONTH SINCE I LAST PUBLISHDD IN SORRYYY
ill have some GOOD chapters come out.
i was thinking like writing a zombie apocalypse story what do you think?
word count: 1329 words

__________

as autumn and winter we're chilling at home after work winter got an urgent text from his mum. seeing winters worried look on the phone autumn turned off the tv and waited for the phone call to end.
as the phone cut off winter immediately jumped up and grabbed his coat and got the car keys. making autumn worry. she hadn't seen him so panicked in a while.

"what wrong my sweet?" autumn said following him.
from the sofa.

"my dads health is in serious condition his cancer is getting worse." winter said feeling tears well in his eyes.

"do you need me to come?" autumn said trying to stay calm for winters sake. she really had started to form an connection with winters family. with everything going on recently if things turned out for the worse it would break her heart. especially since she knew how close winter was to his parents.

"ill be fine my love." he said giving her a quick kiss before bolting out the door

winter and his parents had always been close ever since he was young. he would remember baking gingerbread men every Christmas with his mum and eagerly waking up every sunday morning to go on an bike ride with his dad. it was their thing. just biking around the town. enjoying the fresh breeze hitting their faces.

his parents were there for him and always were. whenever he came home crying because of mean kids at school his mum and dad work always be the first to comfort him. whenever he would fall over or hurt himself his dad would always help him feel better while his mum plastered the wounds.

as the clock was ticking autumn sat there on the sofa. just staring at the ceiling. she has her phone in her hands waiting to receive an message from winter.

as she sat their listening to the sound of agonising silence she heard winters car pull up in the driveway. she quickly jumped off the sofa and ran to the door.

just as she got to the door winter had shut the door.

"my sweet! how is" she stopped speaking when she looked up and saw winters red puffy eyes and wet cheeks. he looked at her and shook her head.

"the doctors did everything. but he didn't make it." the words hit autumn like a stab to the heart. she felt so bad for her sweet.

as they went to sit on the sofa winter just stared into the abyss silently. the silent wasn't an comforting one. more of an suffocating one.

after a while of autumn rubbing her hands up and down winters back and forth and reassuring words winter closed the space between them by burying his face into autumns chest. they both knew what was was coming.

after some time the tears started pouring out of winters eyes. an couple of autumns tears fell aswell but she knew she had to stay strong for winter.

"it's okay. he's in a better place now." she said while pulling winter into an tight embrace.

"but i want him to be here. not so far away." winter chocked through tears.

after an while of tears they had both managed to fall asleep on the sofa cuddled up together. it wasn't until the morning that they woke up.

they went upstairs to sort themselves out for the day. just as autumn was sitting on the dining table eating breakfast with winter. who was clinging onto her arm. ever since last night winter had refused to let go of autumn. he just wanted to stay close.

as they were eating with winters head rested into autumns shoulder autumn received an call from marjorie.

"hello marjorie?" she said while drinking some water.

"are you okay to cover in the rooms with winter today? for some reason rogers decided to get siobahn to cover at the sister nursery and to get reece come to take your place for the day since an few of the sister nursery's staff had caught the flu. since your the most qualified by far out of me and you you wouldn't mind covering?" marjorie said.

autumn out the phone down for a minute. " are you okay to go into work today?" to which winter nodded. he had heard something about the flu and didn't want to leave the nursery short staffed.

"yes we're both coming in see you later majorie." autumn said while putting the phone down.

____________________________________

as the couple arrived to work hand in hand autumn looked at winter. who's eyes were still very red and puffy. "my sweet. everything will be alright and your day will run smoothly." she said giving him an encouraging look and a kiss before they separated ways.

autumn had already asked winter if he wanted to let the staff know. he didn't want anyone to be shocked if he was off edge so he agreed for autumn to let people know.

unfortunately word does somehow get around. they suspected that a parent was outside the office when autumn was telling marjorie.

so when autumn was in the office with marjorie and charlotte rushed in autumn had a gut feeling it was about winter.

"marjorie, autumn! a parent had fount out about winter and started making sneaky comments. I had left to tell you but she is still there now." charlotte said while going back to the rooms. autumn looked at marjorie and marjorie looked at her back telling her she could go.

when she got to the room she saw winter standing there wiping tears from his face. autumn looked around and saw a few parents. she couldn't tell who it was but she didn't care right now.

she walked over to winter and whispered in his ear "are you okay?" to which winter responded in wrapping his arms around

autumn wrapped her arms around him too in response. rubbing her hand on his back.

as winters head was buried in autumns neck carly broke the silence.

"AWHH you guys are so cute!" carly said making autumn and winter look up to see n hi everyone watching through the window.

autumn gave a small smile. "carly did you see which parent it was?"

"that one there with rainbow bob." of course. it had to be her. she was the one that kept talking about the miscarriage to them both and made it seem like it want a big deal.

"are you alright on your own for a minute?" autumn said to which winter replied with a nod.

as autumn walked over she could feel all the other staff members watching.

"excuse me can i have a word?" autumn said to which the woman accepted.

"you know you gossipy parents finding out and talking about a sensitive topic about an staff is one thing but bringing it up with them and talking about them about it when they clearly don't want to is another. you have 10 seconds to get your child and get out of this building before i grab you by your neck and chuck you out myself where you will need to be fished out the rubbish bins." autumn said to which the women quickly grabbed her child and legged it out to her car.

she walked over to her sweet and gave him a kiss.

"let's go home. we're both finished our shifts anyways." she said with a warm smile.

they left hand in hand with winter feeling a lot better. knowing his father was in an better place and he had his girl to protect him.

"just because someone seems far away, that doesn't mean they are.
you may not physically see them.
but they will always have a special spot in your
heart."