suffocating thoughts

A/N: sorry I haven't uploaded in a while!! i have just published an new story about marjoreece! please go check it out. this is so cute and a little bit of yapping towards the end to be honest but I love how it turned out out. credits to pinterest for the poem!

word count: 742 words

i wish someone had warned me
when i was younger
now i stay up all night and weep;
the ghost of everything
you have loved and lost
come back to haunt you in your sleep.

tick tock tick tock tick tock.

as autumn lied in bed moving round, trying to sleep she looked over to her love. seeing him peacefully sleeping made her smile.

autumn had struggled with insomnia for the longest time. she always dreaded going to bed. yes she loved sleeping but the bad thing was when she slept she would often get nightmares. nightmares about her childhood, about her baby, about loosing winter. just anything bad. she never told anyone she struggled with nightmares still. reece thought his sister had grown out of these nightmares. she so desperately wanted to tell winter but she thought he might think she is being childish.

whenever autumn got these nightmares she would just jump up and sit there for a bit, maybe go get some water and try to sleep or just stay up all night. but this night she happened to wake up winter.

as autumn stirred around in bed she woke up jumping up onto the bed panting for air. she put her head in her hands saying to herself "come on autumn pull yourself together." she said through tears.

as she was in her own world she felt someone put there arm around her. it was winter.

"are you alright?" he says. he sounds so reassuring.

"sorry didnt mean to wake you up. go back to sleep its late." autumn says turning away from him lying on the bed facing the window.

she could feel the tears rolling down her face. her nightmares, her body, insomnia, everything. she just wanted to sleep and get the thoughts out of her head. but if she slept she might get nightmares. she was stuck in an never ending loop

as the tears started coming more faster and her sniffles became louder what started off as an few tears turned into sobs. she covered her mouth trying to muffle the sound already feeling horrible for waking winter up.

as she sobbed she felt winter grab her and pull her into an embrace running his fingers through her hair. she buried her face into him.

after some time winter asked if she was ready to talk.

"what happened my sweet?" winter said while stroking her hair.

autumn told him everything. the nightmares about her childhood and their baby, about loosing him, her sleeping problems, her body everything.

as she finished winter pulled her in for an tight embrace. his girl was going through so much yet he didn't know. all those times she would be clingy to him during night, how he rarely watched her sleep and always fell asleep first. it all connected. how could he be so oblivious?

as he cradled his wife he whispered "it's late and you have work tomorrow let's sleep okay?" which she shook her head.

"I don't want to.. the thoughts eat me alive and it -she paused- scares me how realistic my nightmares are." she said as she yawned.

"shh it's okay let's try to sleep and if something happens you wake me up." winter says put her in the bed wrapping the blanket around them and taking off an layer of clothes as she was dripping in an layer of sweat. he knew how to make autumn perfectly comfortable in bed.

after a while of soft words and rubbing her back gently soothing her he felt autumn nod off as she layer her head on her husbands chest.

after a while of watching his wife gently sleeping finding comfort in his touch he felt his eyes started to close.

their love for each other was unconditional. no matter what. thick or thin they were always there for each other. through their happiest or saddest moments. if their love was on writing it would have filled up an entire notebook, their love for each other was strong enough to fight lions and tigers effortlessly, their love was bigger than the universe.

they were each others light.