Chapter 17: Absolute Authority.

Mono then makes distance as he looks at Eri, seeing if the suddenly hostile Figure may hurt her. Yet, the Figure only looks at his eyes, followed by her other hand turning into a claw while slowly walking toward him as the overwhelming aura returns, which Mono now has some resistance but still slightly shakes inside.

"Hey," Mono yells out. "Why are you suddenly turning like that?"
"I'm not targeting you." The Figure says calmly.
"What?" Mono then sees her slowly raise her claws to Mono but doesn't seem to point at Mono.
"I'm talking about HIM." The Figure says with wrath in her tone, the immense aura of whom quickly covers the room, and a radiant green shines at where her eyes lay.

Mono doesn't understand why the figure points at him while still talking about a "him?" Who is she talking about?

"Yeah. Isn't she such a hyporite?"

Mono's body freezes and comes to a halt as he suddenly feels another aura. It's so overwhelming that he feels suffocated and falls over. And the crack on his arms suddenly spikes up again.

"Poor Mono. Doesn't even know what a warning is."

Mono realizes the voice. It's the same voice that came when he saw everything freeze before the unbearable misery, which now returns as he tries to hold his mind conscious. It stretches his endurance thin as this time, the pain is more severe and widespread, making his body tremble.
Yet, the boy doesn't want to leave Eri behind with these two entities he knows he can't do much against. And the least he can do is to bear this.

"Yes, Mono. That's true."
"SHUT UP, you traitor." The Figure yells as her claws launch above the struggling Mono. "How long have you been there!? Come here for another vessel?"
"Woah. Woah. Look at who's saying so. How Ironic considering your method." The voice mocks jokingly, seemingly playing with the Figure, who only gets angrier and angrier.

.

Unknowingly to the boy, the Voice he hears belongs to a young adult with pale white hair smirking at the Figure. Scars visibly scatter around his crimson maniacal eyes and uneven lips. His attempt to enrage the Figure is remarkably successful. Yet, he doesn't see the Figure as an obstacle, much less how Mono is in his eyes.

They are simply subjects in his world, which she has tried changing since the start of the cycles. Needless to say, that is fruitless.

"How futile and pitiful you are, Raine."

"..."

The claws of the Figure, whose name Mono hears is Raine from the Voice, are engulfed in violently swirling mist that tears through the walls. Such forces make even the dust, the silk, and Mono feel the approaching storm despite being underground. It makes Mono look nervously for Eri, who peacefully sleeps in the next room.

That's when he notices something. Eri is protected inside a cocoon from the effect of Raine's power, which he notices has more condensed mist than the one he tried to break earlier. Mono then looks at the Figure questionally before the Voice behind him mocks her.

"..."
"Wanna stay silent?" The Voice giggles. "It's always been so easy to win an argument against you."

Then, Mono looks at Raine's face to notice a sorrowful face before Mono hears a thud on the floor from her feet. And all the mist, excluding those around Eri, rush towards where the voice comes from. She launches above the immobilized Mono, leaving the wall with massive claw marks and unrepairable damage. It feels as if a typhoon ravaged the indoor room.

Mono can feel his clothes and hair dragged with the violent gust of mist. And his eyes have to close to avoid any dust or wood splatter. However, as drastic as that seems, the next moment, her presence distinguishes like fire swallowed by lava. That is a quick moment when Mono feels her existence no more.