Chapter 22: Unforgettable Consequences

"Uhhhhh."

The little girl woke up as she slowly opened her eyes to look around with blurred vision. The last thing she remembered was the sight of sister Raine coming close to caress her before feeling a painless stab to the gut and fainting. Suddenly, she heard the stomp and dust coming from the roof while noticing the bright light in the other room.

"That. Let's see if you're worthy of her value."

It distinguished as her vision recovered to a young man walking away from her, who approached the floating Raine while ignoring the exhausted Mono on the way. Eri wanted to move her body to help Mono, who looked on the verge of collapse. And that desire grew as she saw Raine impaled by numerous glitchy spikes and struggling to move while looking furiously at the young man.

However, that effort was briefly distinguished as a sudden silent voice appeared.

"Silence!"

Upon hearing the voice coming from the man, Eri suddenly felt the suffocating and heavy atmosphere weighing on her body, instantly putting her into a fight-or-flight stage, and it chose neither. She couldn't move her body, or even any slightest movement, as if the intense aura seized control over her and forced her to listen to its authority.

Yet, her eyes stayed fit on the young man as he stood in front of a dark portal, into which he walked, and Raine floated with fruitless resistance. Then, they're gone. And all who left were Mono and Eri, both sighed in relief.

The little girl was about to stand up, only to immediately be surprised upon realizing that the aftermath of the person's presence was more severe than she had thought. Her body was still shell-shocked and immobilized.

"Brother...Mono."

*STOMP!*

Eri made a faint call to Mono, quickly silenced by another weighty step of the Hunter approaching slowly but surely upstairs. That sure surprised both of them, for Mono turned to run to her before falling head-first into the floor while showing great distress in his eyes.

His body shook in protest in the desperate attempt to move while liquid Constant leaked out of his arms and head like blood. A very gloomy scene. And Eri could feel the hopelessness.

For she now only sees a bloody image of a green-haired boy lying in the puddle of blood, with Constant slowly but surely consuming.

.

"Six! GET ERI OUT OF HERE NOW!"

The crumble of the collapsing bunker fell by his side piece by piece as he looked at her with reassuring eyes, telling her he wouldn't die in such a catastrophic event. Then, he grabbed and tossed Eri away from his back as one heavy debris crashed down on him, causing a drastic pain that he visibly showed and yelped. However, as he saw Eri turning to him with worry and desperate teary eyes, he quickly put up a facade, which barely hid anything. After all, with his body impaled with the debris, and blood with Constant leaked out. That, Eri could see through.

"NO, BROTHER DEKU! I STILL CAN KEEP IT UP."

Suddenly, darkness followed as dark mist tried to support the crumbling roof. Then, a girl in yellow covered in black mist descended beside her and lifted Eri on her back in silence.

Eri tried to crawl to Deku with her "Reverse" quirk despite its visual dedicator, the horn, having shrunk to flat on her forehead. That was a fruitless attempt of a girl far overextending her capabilities and willpower. The little girl strumbled to provoke while hitting on the girl's back, but the girl in yellow didn't allow her to venture into the danger. Yet, the girl in yellow couldn't help but look back with sorrow and a wish to evacuate him too.