CHAPTER 20

Chapter 20

                      Arly's pov

  Weed reaping took up all my evenings, shipping them out took some time out of my work hours, going to several weed farms to mix weed seeds for pollination was time consuming but increased my earnings greatly so my days was filled with work and my nights were only left to sleep wanting Tiony's body. I got a court summons to do the DNA test and was accosted by Kimeka's brother Jermaine, who cursed and styled me about being spiteful and petty. I merely shook my head at them without answering because guiltiness was written on all of them.

"Yow, yuh youth born and not even look yuh nuh guh look pon har, nor send a money and sey buy some food put ina yuh structure cause yuh a breastfeed, mi nah mek nuh buoy walk pon my sister dem way dey ino, suh nuh badda mek mi affi come to yuh again." He says loudly, standing in front of my car.

  Lick him dung now yuh hear how mi wicked, I say in my mind while forcing myself to not step on the gas. I flung the car key out through the window without looking where I was flinging it as my anger rose to crescendo. At work that day, I had no other choice than to drive the company truck home speedily when André told me that the police man had come and the brothers were keeping watch. I parked blocking in the police car and went hastily inside the yard before any of them could stop me and went directly inside of Kimeka's bedroom at the back.

"Good day." I say to the policeman who was sitting on an asack inside with the baby in his arms, while Kimeka sat staring in shock at me.

"Yow, wha kinda style dat?" Zarro stood outside the room, looking in at me asking.

I took the summons out of my pocket, opened it out, and asked Kimeka, who was now standing up. "When yuh a guh mek mi guh duh di DNA test pon dah pickney yah wey yuh sey a mine?"

  Di policeman stood up looking from me to her, but I didn’t look back at him as I flapped my right hand in an impatient gesture for her reply. She looked at me with a feigned expression of confusion, and Jermaine came inside the room and began saying. "My youth a wha kinda disrespectful behavior dem yah! Yuh, just barge in a di place, suh!"

"Talk to mi nuh mek mi get fi come outta yuh place! Cause if anyone a yuh bredda dem come to mi on your behalf again me a guh report it a di court house! Dah pickney dey, is not mines and si di summons yah wey yuh mek yuh oda police man dem come serve mi a mi work place. Suh, who dah police man yah be? Cause a fi him name dey pon di baby birth paper and him come a hospital when yuh have baby and yuh and yuh bredda dem a antagonize mi fi money fi baby wey yuh claim sey a mine!" I gave none a dem a chance to say anything as I made it clear to the policeman what was going on.

  Her face was like a deer caught in a trap, and I walked out past Zarro and Jermaine out of the yard, slamming the piece of gate and cursing loudly. "Dutty nasty bitch and har family weh a tek set pon mi like bloodclaate leech bout pickney a mine. Guh gi di white man dem wey shit ina yuh mouth and you a yuh dutty bredda dem stop tek set pon mi! Don't come back a mi bomboclaat yard! None a uno! Bout money fi pickney like uno think me a idiot! If mi neva sure Arlem a mines I wouldn't have him a tek care of. Di whole a uno guh suck out uno one aneda!"

I walked off down to my gate where my parents and André stood when the policeman walked out because I had no intention of moving the truck for him to drive away quietly as André said he did, and cursed loud and brawling like the white head Johncrow I was. "I give yuh everything but yuh eye dem red and yuh craven, yuh caan keep yuh foot dem lock up. Lick out batty Jermaine wey a gwane like him can style mi and suck hood Zarro wey know sey yuh have man a come yah to yuh and who yuh guh to when yuh lef yah, fucking si mi and come wid foolishness again and uno will know! Ol' germs di whole a uno. I regret ever pushing mi clean nice hood ina yuh dutty pussy Kimeka! Wutlis dutty Kimeka! Nasty Kimeka! Whoring Kimeka! Na've nuh ambition gal, si mi and nuh si mi afta todey!"