A Pig |3|

Lillian walked up to Helena's day chambers, which held all of her insectariums, some occupied by the creatures and bugs she had found and others waiting to be filled, ready for the new bugs she would find in the gardens.

"Ser Criston, please see over my children; they should be at the Dragon Pit right now." The Queen requested the knight nod, bow, and leave, well aware of the queen's longing stare as she admired him.

She softly knocked on the door, catching Helena's attention.

"Who is it?" Helena called out softly as she placed the critter down, looking at her door.

"Your mother," Lillian called out softly, making Helena squeal softly in excitement, ready to show her mother what she had found in the gardens after her lessons.

"Come in, mama," she called out, letting Lilly walk in with a small smile.

"Hi, my sweet girl." Lilly greeted Helena, opening her arms slightly and letting Helena decide if she wished to hug her, something Helena appreciated. She didn't enjoy being touched and loud noises unless it was her dragon or her mother who knew that and respected it, but her mother's loving touch was something she could and would never decline. She walked into her mother's embrace, letting her hug her gently and placing a kiss on her head.

"Did you find anything new in the gardens?" she asked her daughter, receiving an excited nod.

"I did it; it is pretty," Helena said, walking over to where she had the bug.

Lilly sat down on the floor, watching her daughter's gentle movement as she brought a glass insectarium over to her, setting it down and gently opening the lid to bring the bug out.

"I am not sure what it is," Helena said, letting the bug crawl across her hand and showing her mom, who smiled, admiring the little thing. Something she and she both had in common was their fascination with bugs, where Helena's was all bugs and Lilly's was more dragonflies, butterflies, and birds.

"If you look hard enough, it has some blue," Lilly said again, pointing at the color, making Helena gasp in awe before pulling the bug closer to her.

"It has sixty rings," Helena said, letting the bug crawl between her fingers, "and two pairs of legs on each." She continued smiling.

"That is two hundred and forty," she concluded, looking back at her mother.

"Yes, that is a good job, my sweet girl," Lilly praised, making her blush.

"It has eyes, all though I don't believe it can see." Helena added, looking into the bug's eyes. Lilly hummed

"Why do you think that?" she asked, intrigued, receiving a shrug.

"It is beyond our understanding."

"Something just is, I suppose," Lilly whispered as Helena placed the critter in her hands so that her mother could have a turn.

"Do you know what it is? I tried to find it in my books but found nothing," the gentle girl asked, making her mother smile.

"It is a millipede, my sweet girl; they are some of the oldest insects there are, and when they feel attacked or threatened, they curl into a circle to protect their soft belly's," Lilly explained, rubbing her finger across the belly softly.

"So that's why their backs are the harder shell—more protection," Helena concluded, making Lilly smile proudly as she nodded.

"Very good, Helena," she praised, gently handing the millipede back to her just as the doors opened, drawing her attention.

"Your Grace," Ser Ctriston said as he pulled a smoke-covered Aemond into the room before closing the door as Lillian rushed to Aemond.

"Aemond, what happened? Are you hurt? Who did this?" She fired off questions, looking him over, trying to make sure there were no cuts that needed attending.