New World Reshaped (Part Two Prologue)

[AN: This is the beginning of part two which was originally its own separate work but has been combined with part one for your convenience and so you, the reader, can continue to story uninterrupted! Please vote if you enjoy as it helps my story reach more people and helps my page grow. Thank you!]

Since the dawn of Amarok civilization, its founders had done everything they could to secure its place in the reality of the human world. Its leadership had understood that in order for it to survive and prosper, it had to ally and trade with the most influential human nations of their new world. As the years had turned to decades and the decades had turned to centuries, Amarok establishes deep ties to nations across Europe, North America, and even the far east, securing its title as a world superpower by the turn of the 20th century. Despite never having to mobilize its own military against a human nation, it had maintained the most well trained and equipped army in the world.

As the human world was recovering from the catastrophic and bloody grip of the second world war, Amarok's relations with the United States were beginning to break down. Although the U.S. had focused on its ideological battle with the Soviet regime after the war, tensions between anthros and humans in America were at an all-time high. Discrimination and violence against anthros were commonplace in the Midwest of the United States, causing the Amarok government to limit or outright severe economic ties to the United States as a form of protest against the hate and violence.

Several months have passed since After Common Era had unleashed their master plan during the autumn of the year. By now, winter had fully set in and the Nation's Army war against After Common Era had reached a standstill. As the Nation's Army had moved into the hills of the Amarok protectorate state, they were shocked to discover their enemy waiting for them in trenches, strong points, and even engaging in guerilla warfare attacks as the Nation's Army had inched further into the protectorate. The resistance put up by After Common Era was an unforeseen precedent for the generals and commanders of the Nation's Army. It is then its leadership decides to put in motion a covert operation to gather intel of the After Common Era war machine.

At the outbreak of the conflict, a human by the name of Victor Churchill had felt sympathy of the plight endured by the anthros under the brutal heel of After Common Era and decides to enlist in the Nation's Army. Despite the astronomically low percentage of humans taking and passing the elite basic training program, Victor passes with flying colors. Due to his military aptitude, he is recognized and is assigned to the prestigious Special Task Force. Expecting to be placed as a regular among the ranks of the Nation's Army, he receives his assignment without hesitation. He was to join the covert team that was tasked to infiltrate behind enemy lines. Before the stroke of midnight of the new year, he is to report to a shipping dock along the banks of Lake Superior and meet his fellow operatives and learn the details of the mission.