ElnorseFall,

*Hi Readers! This is my first time posting a story on here and I hope y'all like it! Updates will be every Friday, but I also do bonus chapters during weekdays! I'm constantly updating the chapters for errors so please comment tips or questions you have! This first part happens about 9 years before the actual story takes place but gives a lot of contexts to what's happening later on. Enjoy reading and please vote!* 

        "My love... you've come back to me!" The young woman ran to her husband and buried her head into his chest. The force of her impact caused him to take a step back, but he managed to steady himself and return her embrace. Her husband held her close, lightly rubbing the small of her back. Even as she cried before him, he said nothing. "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry!" She sobbed. "I tried everything to save you from their hatred, my love! You're my heart, I can't lose you again!" She pulled herself up to rest her head into the crook of his neck, and he held her small waist with one hand to help her balance.

"Nothing lasts forever, Elnorse." He whispered darkly, letting his lips gently graze below her ear. 

He breath hitched. "My heart... my Zaphon. I'm whole only with you here." She pulled back to look up at him. Her eyes begged for his touch.

"Our love is a burden to the Empire, but I'll let no one take this treasure but me." He tightened his hold on her. "My sweet, sweet Empress." His hand slipped to his belt to pull out a knife. In a swift movement, he pierced her lower back. Her delicate skin tore easily, and her white gown became stained red with her own blood as it seeped out of her. She gasped, but he quickly grabbed her pale face and placed a deep, affectionate kiss over her lips as he swallowed her screams. She closed her bloodshot eyes as he tightened his grip, piercing her deeper and deeper with the knife. He moved from her lips and whispered against her ear once more.

"I follow my destiny, my love. With your death, I will take what is mine to take. I will claim my title as Emperor of the East." 

Her eyes opened wide with terror as he pulled away from her. She looked down in shock when she saw the amount of blood seeping through her dress. His eyes followed her small frame as she stumbled before him.

"It's mine now, Elnorse. Mine alone," he said in a choked voice as she crumbled to the ground as gracefully as an Empress should. He turned and walked out, not daring to look back. He stopped only at the open door of the palace that was once his home. He threw his head back, giving a muffled, sickening laugh. Tears streamed down his face, and he used his bloodstained hands to wipe them away, coating his face in her blood. He narrowed his eyes at the thought of his new claim to the Empire. Staring off beyond the silver seas of his planet, gleaming in the light of the blue sun, he said the two words that would turn the fate of the Realms for eternity.

"Elnorse fall."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Three days after the fall of the royals, in the Northern empire on the planet V'rasór...

"Deny our freedom..." the young boy said in misery. "Deny our future... and now you?" he scoffed. The boy's older brother sighed loudly.

"I can't protect V'rasór and us!" he said, not daring to face his younger brother. "You had no issue denying your claim to the throne, but I will not deny mine." 

His younger brother huffed in response; their little sister silently watched as they argued about their futures.

 "This is my fate. I must protect my empire as Emperor. For V'rasór's sake... for the sake of the entire Realms. So run, ne'leir." The older boy practically begged his brother, hoping the endearment would convince him. "Take our ne'la and go. You don't want the crown, and our sister is too young to decide. If you stay, you are a threat to him, and if you're found he will do worse than kill you both." The older boy tried to muster the strength to order his sibling to leave but couldn't seem to do it.

 "No! I am a fighter nãe'heir! I won't run and hide from him. I will fight alongside you! For our planet and for the peace and justice of the Realms!" Little blue lights danced in the markings that surrounded the eyes of the younger boy, responding to his passion.

"Do you speak for our ne'la as well?" The older spoke quietly so their little sister wouldn't hear him talk about her. Finally, the younger of the two dropped his eyes knowing, his older sibling spoke the truth. "No, ne'leir. This is bigger than only a fight between empires. This affects the entire Realms. I won't let that madman force my hand into a bloodbath that will destroy our galaxy. War is what they want, and they will have it, but not until we are ready and until then I can't let him use either of you against me." The older finally faced his brother. "Ne'leir... please, go!"

 His brother finally relented at his plea. With a stiff nod, he placed his arm against his brother's chest in goodbye. The older stiffly returned the gesture.

The young boy took a step back. "I wish you all my strength, nãe'heir." 

"As I wish you all of mine, ne'leir." The older responded, and then glanced wistfully at their younger sister. The small girl immediately stood, her eyes red and tired from lack of sleep. She kept blinking her eyes, refusing to cry in the sight of her brothers. The older opened his arms to her, letting her run and embrace him as she gave up to her tears. 

"Will we ever see you again?" her voice cracked up as she spoke the words.

"W-We shall," he stammered, but it was a promise he wasn't so sure he could keep.

"I don't want to leave! There's nowhere he won't find us. Nowhere he won't be able to lay us in our own blood like..." she trailed off, unable to speak about her mother. His treachery had broken her when she witnessed his crimes.

"Shh..." the older said, trying to soothe her by tightening his embrace. He glanced at his younger brother warily, who returned his gaze with pleading eyes. They both knew that there was no place in the universe would keep him from hunting them. The older brother's eyes hardened, and he shoved his sister away. She stumbled back with a surprised gasp.

"Go, I've forgotten you." his voice was hard as he stepped away and turned his back from her. He heard her tears turn into sobs. 

"Face me, Cronos. Please!" she said in-between sobs, but he didn't dare. Instead, he closed his eyes and waited for his sister to leave. She walked backwards, shaking her head in disbelief. His brother placed a hand on her arm.

"Come," he said tightly, and led her away by her arm. Their sister was gently pushed through the door, but before his brother followed her, he turned around to face his older brother one last time. The older- Cronos- already turned to look at his brother with shaking hands, tears falling from his eyes.

"Turn and leave ne'leir, or I will never let you go." Cronos all but whispered. His brother gave a quick nod and left without looking back again. For some time, Cronos stood there, gazing at the door where his only family vanished before his eyes. He took a deep breath and finally turned towards his own exit. Taking in another short breath of air, he stepped through it. Guards were already there, ready to take orders from Cronos, the young Emperor of the North. He looked at each of them and saw the anticipation in their eyes. He saw the hunger for revenge, justice, freedom, and most of all, a yearning for war.

"This...'' he said loudly enough to gather everyone's attention.

".... This is only the beginning of their end."

*Hope y'all enjoyed the intro to the book! Quite the startling beginning! What do y'all think is going to happen to the three children now that they're separated? First official chapter is already out so keep scrolling in order to find out what happens!*