Chapter Three

*Greetings Readers!!! Another weekday update is here!  I hope y'all enjoy and please vote and follow for future updates!*

             I lay sideways on an enormous, circular-shaped bed with cushions made of many different colors surrounding its borders. Each pillow was decorated with ruffles and silk-like material making it rather comfortable to lay on. Vegetation I had no name to was embedded into the walls of the room and poured out through holes that were punctured into them. Fragrant smells oozed out of the plant life surrounding the room, which reminded me of home back on Eurkxo. 

One of my hands rested lazily on my hip and my other hand supported my head as I watched Adam pace back and forth before me. Rain leaned back in a chair, stroking the nape of his neck. 

Tehayo, not wanting to be involved in the discussion, rested in his own room. I suspected his decision was largely due to the angry look on Adam's face when he'd asked for this meeting in the first place. If it were anyone else, my brother might have just dismissed the concerns, but it was Adam, who was practically our brother.

"Dis trade they'd be propose'n... Y'er considering it?" Adam asked, clenching his jaw. His eyes narrowed down on Rain.

"Well, I think they're just curious. I don't see the harm in more trading partners." I said pointedly.  It bothered me that Adan was so against the idea. These people didn't seem to have ill intentions, and it was perfectly understandable that they were curious about the trade their neighbors were making with us. Any smart empire wouldn't want to be left out.

"Ay curious! 'course you'd say that!" Adam snarled while throwing his hands up in the air. My nostrils flared at his accusation.

"Your meaning?"

"A trade with them could prove to be useful to Eurkxo." Rain said, trying to calm both of us down.

"Useful!" Adam jabbed a finger at Rain. "You will regret 'dis." He turned to point at me angrily. "That'er male desires the attention of y'er ne'la! Don't y'er see 'dis?"

My eyes widened at his outburst "I can handle myself." I argued back. "I stand on my decision. They've never seen our kind before, they are curious about us and about what we can bring them!" 

Adam opened his mouth to keep arguing back but was cut off by Rain.

"Enough of this arguing! Our Keeper knows the mission, Adam. We are here to trade, and if that's what these beings want then I don't see the issue with that." Rain stood up to face his friend face to face. "It's her responsibility as a council member to represent friendship. You don't need to be so worried."

"Ay, it is dis... but-" Adam voice trailed off as he sighed.

"I'm thankful for your concern, Adam, but it's unnecessary. I was born to represent." I sat up and folded my hands with a soft smile. I didn't want to continue fighting with him. Adam was silent for a minute before speaking up again.

"Ah, sorry, Keeper. Y'er know how I'er get sometimes." He bowed almost sheepishly. His hand came up to scratch the back of his head. I noticed the side of his mouth twitching into the ghost of a smile as his eyes found mine. A true smile bloomed on my face at the sight.

"Your apology is accepted, but unnecessary."

"Allow my ne'la some rest, Adam. Let's go." Rain opened the door to my room.

"Right y'er are." Adam winked at me before leaving with Rain. "G'night, Keeper."

I stood up from the bed and bowed my head to him.

"Goodnight, Adam." I nodded "Rain." Rain nodded back to me. They stepped out of my room and shut the door behind them.

I sighed, threw myself back on the bed, and stared up at the ceiling for some time. It was so... quiet. I could almost hear my own heartbeat.