Chapter Four

*Friday's update is finally here!!! Please enjoy reading this chapter and please vote! Don't forget to comment on any questions you have, and please feel free to point out anything that needs editing!*

            I awoke not realizing I'd fallen asleep, and my body made it clear with small pains all over because I hadn't gotten into a more comfortable position during the night. 

I tried to ignore the uncomfortable feeling by stretching out and walking over to a water basin to wash my face. Once I looked slightly more awake, I redressed in my blue overdress and attempted to work on my hair. 

With no small amount of frustration, I managed a rather messy side braid. Usually, I would have one of my attendants do it for me because my hair was very long, as was Soaran tradition. I was far from satisfied with the braid, but it would have to do.

I put on the hooded robe from yesterday and kept the hood over my head. Rain may have already shown them what we looked like, but I didn't feel like being stared at first thing in the morning. I was about to leave my room to find my brother when I felt his presence already behind the door. A few seconds later, he knocked on it.

"Enter." I said when he finally did knock, and Rain walked in already ready as well. I pulled the hood back to show my face and greeted him with a warm smile.

"Morning, I'd say good morning, but it looks like it was ruff." He said, giving me a grin. 

I frowned, "I didn't sleep that well." I said in my defense. He looked me up and down, giving me a look that said 'clearly'. I rolled my eyes and wait patiently for him to finally start the real conversation he came to my room for.

"Erayame agreed to discuss the trade the Fehichen put forward."

"That's good news." I placed my hands behind my back and walked towards him.

"We'll withdraw from this planet, and travel to the planet Vaymos immediately." Rain left no room for question. Not that I would question it anyways. 

I found myself feeling excited, as if we were off on a new adventure. 

"I made contact with Aeis last night. He went ahead and gave me the coordinates to their planet. They've already left for their planet to prepare for our arrival. They should arrive only a couple hours before us." He sighed, "I have yet to discuss this with the others."

"It doesn't matter. Both me and Erayame have agreed to it already, and we're the only ones whose opinion is relevant." I paused and glanced up at him sheepishly. "And your opinion of course, commander."

"Let's go then, Keeper." He offered me his arm with a smile. I easily accepted it.

We walked down the hall into a sitting room I hadn't known was there. Tehayo, Adam, Erayame, and Koi were already there, and immediately stood as we entered the room.

"We are thankful for your generous hospitality. Unfortunately, we will have to leave your planet for now. We will continue to trade with you using our cargo ships. Those in command of these ships take their orders from us so you have no need to question them."

Tehayo nodded at us without question, understanding what it meant by leaving early, but I noticed Adam clench his fist even though he nodded. Koi looked so devastated, I almost wished we could reconsider.

"Must you leave so soon?" Koi asked. He rubbed his hands together anxiously.

"Our trade with you is quite secure, there's no need to remain on your planet any longer" Erayame said lightly, although I was a bit irritated by how pleased he sounded about leaving.