Chapter Twenty-One

*Happy Friday update! The above photo is just an image from the internet of what D'thaya somewhat looks like =D*

        "Keep the ship steady, once our cloaked shuttle breaches the planet we will send you a signal," I told the captain of the ship we were in.

"Understood, Empress." The captain said, keeping his focus on the controls.

Nearly twenty hours ago, I fought with Cronos again. He suspected what I'd planned and tried to stop me. I didn't let him. Cronos was firmly against the mission, but there was little he could do to stop me. Thanks to my elites, a decent number of Cronos's Watchers now stood with me, preparing to help D'thaya. After all, Watchers pledged themselves to serve the Emperors and Empresses, and Cronos was only a stand-in for the Northern Empress that should have been. My authority overtook any vow they may have given Cronos, but even I was surprised by the number my elites managed to convince to join me. I felt a tad bit sorry for Cronos, I'm sure he didn't think his soldiers would ever choose to follow someone else. I advised Cronos that he should send a messenger to Ardiamus anyways, tell them to prepare if our mission went wrong. It could create the diversion we needed if Elnorsefall thought we were at Ardiamus. They would be more relaxed. Our argument actually ended with him agreeing with me, much to my sunprise. I supposed he figured he wasn't going to change my mind anyways.

We left immediately, flying directly to D'thaya. We'd reached the planet in record time and rested our ship in the planet's gravitational pull. The plan was simple really. Secretly head down to the planet, offer our aid to the civilians, and possibly cripple the arrangements Elnorsefall had for their planet. Hopefully we would just have to start off, and those below would finish what we started. We might find critical information as well, something we could use against them.

"We are just out of range from their scanners." One of the pilots informed me, looking down at something. He raised his head and switched to another screen. "It'll be about a minute until I finish calculating the cords you'll breach the planet with."

"Excellent, I want those sent straight to Rain the moment you have them." I commanded. I turned and left the bridge, knowing I wouldn't be much help there. I needed to be in the shuttle bay. I was going on the mission down on the planet, mainly for diplomatic reasons. I called this mission, and it was my responsibility to earn the Ovidōian's trust.

Down the hall, I saw one of my elites hurrying towards me. When he reached me, I recognized him as Sovren.

"Sovren." I greeted him with a nod.

He nodded back, "Empress, I am here to escort you to the ship. We will be leaving as soon as we arrive." He straightened his shoulders and turned to walk with me.

"Thank you. Let's hurry, shall we?"

We hurried down the halls as soldiers ran past us to their posts. This was all a new experience for me, and I hoped I would be ready for it.

"Empress!" I heard being called from behind. I turned to see a soldier I don't know running to us in full armor. He abruptly stopped before me, taking a breath, and bowing his head low.

"We have received word that Emperor Cronos's message to Ardiamus has been received. We believe Elnorsefall received the same information. We found a ship orbiting the other side of the planet in long range sensors; they've begun to move away from the planet." The soldier said quickly. I glanced at Sovren, who gave me a knowing look clearly thinking the same. Things were moving much faster than we'd anticipated. The soldier raised his hand to his ear, listening to a command sent to him through his earpiece. He bowed his head again before leaving my presence, yelling something to another team running by.