Chapter Six

*New update here early! This chapter's pretty long so I hope y'all enjoyed it!* 

          Unlike on E'arka, we were immediately brought to a private discussion room upon exiting our ship. 

The room was as bright as it was big and reminded me of a conference room. Much to my delight, I was able to get a good view of their planet when they led us to this room. It was surprisingly industrialized, with huge buildings in the distance shaped like domes. Purple seemed to be an ongoing theme on this planet. Almost every building was lit in different shades of the color. 

I wondered if it was a religious aspect, or if they just liked the color. Maybe it was for traditional purposes? I would have to ask around if I had the time.

Only Aeis, Xorion, and two new beings who introduced themselves as Kasoir, and Sa'ak were in the room with us, but I managed to catch a glance of few others of their kind wandering around when we made our way here. They kept their distance, but were polite, giving us subtle glances of curiosity. 

When we came into the room, I noticed how quickly they shut the door behind us as if we were discussing something secret. I narrowed my eyes as I took in the new surroundings. There was a huge table in the middle of the room, with chairs all the way around it. It was practical but far less cozy than anything we experienced on E'arka.

"Your energy cores are most mysterious... powerful as well." Aeis said while gesturing with his hand for us to sit. 

The seats were comfortable enough, with light gray cushions coforming to the form of our bodies. 

"It intrigues us." He continued, keeping his gaze on Rain. "I hope you will not take offense by not meeting our leaders in person, most trading matters are done by their speakers."

"We don't mind, but is there a specific reason for this that we should be aware of?" Erayame responded instead of Rain. 

Aeis tilted his head at him. "It's our way, but- and I apologize for this, it is also for security reasons. Our leaders never greet off-worlders or leave their ruling grounds for that matter. However, I assure you, our leaders are fully aware of our dealings and have given me full authority to go through with this discussion." 

We gave each other subtle glances at his explanation. 

So, they were going to be honest about not trusting us. It was smart, making sure their leaders were safe, but unsettling that they weren't dealing with such a huge opportunity for their people themselves. Aeis seemed at ease though, as if he'd explained this many times, and I wondered if this was normal in their leadership system on their planet.

"We understand, do continue." Erayame said with a flick of his wrist. 

Aeis nodded, "It would be good for both our peoples, our leaders believe, to discuss a trade in which we both will benefit."

"Of course," Rain said with a touch of sarcasm that I hoped Aeis didn't catch.

"You want our cores, what do you have to offer in return?" Erayame crossed his arms and tipped his head down as he locked his eyes on Aeis.

"We understand that your trade with E'arka consists of their harvest, and other produce." Aeis said as he placed a hand on the table, tapping at it with each individual finger. 

We all nodded again at his statement, knowing it was no secret what the little people were giving us in return. However, it did worry me that Aeis was bringing it up. These people were smart, whether we chose to acknowledge that or not. They knew our trade with the E'arkan beings was a sign of weakness.