G.1. PALE HORSE

Maverick impales the last Locust guarding Timgad Central Energy as they then approach the door with Maverick looking pale.

Dom: "This just goes from bad to worse".

Baird: [steps up next to Marcus] "This... no, this really... This really sucks".

Anthony: "Seriously, it feels like we've been shot in the fucking dick and given bad luck just for this fucking mission".

Marcus: [taps comm] "Control, we're at Timgad Central Energy".

"Copy that. What's your status?".

Marcus: [kicks door open] "Just moving in now. Wish us luck. Baird, Cole, Carmine -- take Jack and head right. Dom, Maverick -- let's get that power online".

Maverick: "I don't feel good, fuck. That Wretch really did a fucking number on me".

Marcus: "Maybe you should sit this one out".

Maverick: "Not a fucking chance".

Marcus: [sigh] "If you're sure".

Delta splits up and heads into the power station. Therons shot down at Marcus, Maverick and Dom from the catwalks. Maverick tosses a grenade, and it lands between the Therons blowing them off the catwalk. They then head up and shoot down several Locust along the way.

Baird: "Marcus, I was wrong. It wasn't the Stranded tapping the grid, it was these guys. They're taking it underground. All of it".

Marcus: "Tell me you can you fix it?".

Baird: "I'm working on it --damnit, Jack! The other circuit! -- but you'll need to turn off some panels up there".

Maverick: "What are we looking for, Princess?".

Baird: "Stop calling me Princess, asshole". [sigh] "Panels, you know, green glowing lights, valves...".

Marcus: "Alright, keep doing what you can. We'll get them shut off".

The three then head up a set of stairs and feel thumping coming from outside. They take cover and see the Brumak walk past a window.

Marcus: "Check it out".

Dom: "Shit! We are so screwed!".

Maverick: "Wow, Baird. When did you replace Dom? You know, 'cause I thought Baird was the only complainer of this squad".

Baird: "Fuck you".

Maverick: "We've been over this, Baird. I'm married so you gotta let go of the dream of us getting together".

Baird: "Go fuck yourself".

Before Maverick could reply more Therons emerged from the lower level, guns blazing. Maverick, moving with deliberate intensity, leaped down and kicked one of the Therons aside. With a swift, practiced motion, he shot another Theron, the round finding its mark between its legs, and then cleaved it with his Retro Lancer, sending the head flying. From the upper level, a Boomer lumbered into view. Maverick wasted no time, drawing his Torque Bow and releasing an arrow that struck the Boomer squarely in the chest. The explosion that followed was a violent burst, leaving only a grim spray of blood and debris in its wake. Marcus, Dom and Maverick all take on panel and turn them all off at once.

Baird: "Okay, we're done... Wait. Oh, shit!".

Maverick: "Something tells me I'm not gonna like what you're gonna say, blondie".

Baird: "Power levels are good, but we need to jump the transformer polarity".

Marcus: "How do we do that?"