a regret in the making

Shiera sat at her desk in Valyria, reading a letter from the Princess Rhaenyra. Daemon had not yet come inside to bed so she waited for him.

"I hope the gods help sweet Rhaenyra" shiera whispered. Reading the letter her hands ran through her recently brushed hair nervously.

"What are you stressing over, my love?" Daemon asked leaning over Shiera.

"Rhaenyra is marrying Ser Laenor in 2 moons." Shiera said looking up at Daemon who had already let his hair loose from the clip he held it in.

"Does viserys know his nature?" Daemon asked curiously.

"He's blindsided by lord Corlys" Shiera said sighing, showing Daemon the letter.

"Corlys told viserys he will out grow it" Shiera said in disbelief. Daemon looked at the letter with much concern.

"Men like Laenor never do, the only thing they do is lie" Daemon said putting the letter back on the table. "I don't judge him for liking the company of men but it does him more harm than good"
Daemon continued looking at shiera as the night sky shined in on them.

A shadow cast through the room to see the cannibal flying overhead. Shiera felt his restlessness recently. It was never good.

"Perhaps you should go for a night ride with him" Daemon said with a small smile.

Shiera smiled back, "I just came back from a ride" she explained with a pause, "he's just so restless,"

Daemon hummed in response, they looked at each other knowing something bad was going to happen and it wasn't good.
———————————————————————————
Shiera wrote back to Rhaenyra telling her whatever happens she will always have an alliance with her. Dragons must stick together to survive.

Daemon had been working on an army for several months. Even when they stayed in kingslanding for a time. He flew back and forth to grow it. He even took some of the gold cloaks and added them. He gave them an offer they couldn't refuse.

Shiera stood in front of a man, one who was fiercely loyal to her during the dance. He was just at as loyal to Daemon. "Give the king this letter" Shiera said firmly. "He will not like it , but he must." Shiera said with her head held high.

Viserys had asked to add Valyria as the 8th kingdom. Shiera would be refusing. Valyria was not a place that should be held under a monarch. It was an ancient place restored that should remain on its own.

It was sacred due to the dragons and if there was someone they didn't like, they burnt them, to the ground. Shiera gained the name Dragon wielder as she had so many dragons at her grasp.

She could command them, they listened to her because they thought her word was true. They never did it for any other Targaryen.

Shiera stood at the end of the throne that was made for her that had Dragon skulls at the top. She watched with a smirk as Otto walked up the hall and long steps to get to her.

"The king had received your letter, princess" Otto said with Ser Criston and Ser Harwin at his side.

"Is that so? What are his thoughts?" Shiera asked with a gentle smile.

"He understands but he has one requirement, or you will be named traitor to the throne" Otto spat with a frown upon his older wrinkled face.

"Which is?" Shiera asked with a smug smile looking down at all three men.

"You will remain loyal to the crown if anyone should try to usurp or start a war, you must aid, the rightful ruler"  Otto spoke with hatred in his voice.

Those words would come back to bite him as shiera aided Rhaenyra, not Aegon.

"Easy enough" Shiera said sitting on her throne. Criston thought it was even more intimidating that it was her and not Daemon, the dragon heads added a touch.

"Are you in need of anything else?" Shiera asked with both arms on the armrests of the throne, a smile upon her face. It made Otto uneasy. He thought the power she gained got to her head. She was no hero in anyone's story. Neither was Daemon.

"No, Princess" He spoke still staring at her.

"You found your way in, you can get yourself out." She reminded him as Daemon walked behind See Criston, causing him to jump.

They eventually left, "always intimidating, hmm?" Daemon asked leaning over shiera still sat in the throne.

"Always" she said, leaning up kissing Daemon.
———————————————————————————
Shiera stood in her temporary room, in a dark purple dress, with gold. She wore it per Rhaenyras request.
Shiera was putting on her earrings as Daemon walked in.

"Ready?" He asked standing behind her with a smirk.

"Yes i am" she smiled.

They both sat unbothered, after making a grand entrance together. Neither of them stood up for Queen Alicent. Which caused a small fight between viserys and Alicent.

Alicent thought they should respect her. They didn't. Not anymore. Shiera watched uninterested in the velaryons made their entrance. She stood for them though atleast.

Viserys made a speech as Rhaenyra and Laenor danced.

Shiera sighed, "such a big mistake, with a greater price" she spoke loud enough for viserys to hear, Rhaenys looked at Shiera even. They both knew the cold truth. Laenor would never produce any heirs.

"What do you mean by that?" Viserys asked shiera as alicent looked between them both as she was tick between them.

"You should've married her to a man who could actually give her children" Shiera said staring at them as they danced, neither truly happy.

"He'll give her them." Viserys said as Shiera laughed in his face. You had to be someone special to do that and not get your tongue cut off.

"So delusional. He has taste for men. Not women." Shiera said watching through the crowd finding exactly who it was.

"You just set the Princess up for failure. Can you live with that" Shiera said finally looking at Viserys. Daemon chuckled because she was right. Could he?

Viserys didn't speak to her for the rest of the night. Full of his fantasies that his daughter would have children from the man she married. She infact did not.

Shiera stopped herself from smirking as Criston cole started to beat the hell out of Joffrey. It wasn't her idea but it was a good one.

She stood yelling "Ser Harwin get the princess!" Her head wasn't turning nor were her eyes scanning for her. She knew Harwin would find her and he did within seconds.

The body was a mess. One you wouldn't fathom looking at. Everyone was cleared out and the spot was covered.

Shiera gave Rhaenyra a hug, before walking down the steps with Daemon. Leaving, they left that night for Valyria. You couldn't get either of them to stay unless they had too.

The place was very offputting. It wasn't good, neither of them liked it. Shiera returned for All of rhaenyras births, as promised.

Shiera was right, none of them were laenors.
———————————————————————————
A/n shiera isn't a good nor a bad person.

She just plays the game of thrones.