Love Through A Song🎵

Part 3 of Friends Or Fear!!
Genre: Fluff💗 & Small Angst💔
And Of Course I Don't Know What Au!!

Zander's POV🍇:
My maid, Alaina, comes rushing in through the door at my request, smiling sweetly at me. "Yes sir? How can I help?" I tie my robe tighter around me in fear it might fall off, but also as it gives me comfort. I cross my arms, placing myself onto the edge of the bed. "Please, just call me Zander." She nods, entering and shutting the door behind her. "Listen, this can only stay between us two, okay?" She nods again, her smile fading as she intently listens. "I'm planning on escaping." She gasps, putting her hand to her mouth. "I'm so sorry! Have I been a bad assistant?!" She stutters, bowing apologetically. I smile, motioning for her to stand up straight. "No, Alaina, you've done an amazing job. In fact, you're my favourite person here. But I miss my friends, freedom and... especially food." She sits next to me, joining me on the bed as she takes my hand in hers, gently lifting her free one to touch my cheek with the back of it. She frowns, "You are terribly pale... I'm sorry for how the boss has been treating you, honey..." I put my other hand on hers, trapping her hand in both of mine. "Thanks Alaina... I hope we meet again at some point. I was thinking about leaving now, considering the dark is starting to show." She sadly smiles, "Alright... but why are you telling me...?" I sigh, "I knew you'd worry about me, so I thought I'd inform you before hand." Suddenly, she captures me in a hug, her eyes glistening with tears. I return the hug, patting her back reassuringly. "I'll always appreciate you, Alaina. You've truly helped me during this experience." Eventually, she releases me, a tiny tear rolling down her cheek and landing on her dress. She sniffs, "You can climb through that window." She points to my bedroom window, which is fairly low down so I could jump out with no injuries. I shuffle to the window, opening it and sitting on the windowsill, swinging my legs back and forth. I glance back at her, giving her a thankful nod before leaping out, wincing as the ground makes contact with my feet. I begin to untie the robe, chucking it on the floor. I knew it'd be chilly outside, so I had tried to put together the warmest clothes I had. In the end, I found some rather tight leggings, a lavender T-shirt, platform trainers (which make me look slightly taller than usual) and a navy blue coat that is cropped at my waist. It's not the most ideal clothes for this weather, in fact I'm shivering just thinking about it. I look around, perking up when I see lights coming from a specific building. Is that... the competition stadium?! I feel like crying as soon as I set sight on it, and without my consent, my legs start fast walking towards it. I really hope the club made it through the first performance, they might be playing in this round!

As soon as I open the door, the warm air hits me, resulting in my body tensing up from the sudden temperature change. Once I recover from my frozen state, my ears tune in to the music playing. Is that... singing...? I tilt my head up to the sign above the stage, reading what school is currently playing. Huh? Rosemeadow High School? But that doesn't sound like Jake or Hailey... I curiously shuffle past all the crowd, giving a soft 'sorry' to people I bump into. Reaching the front row, I grab onto the railing, which is separating the stage and the audience as I stare up at the singer. I blink a few times, trying to adjust my eyes to the blinding spotlights, but as soon as I realise who's singing, I simply put my hand to my heart, attempting to process this new information. It's Luke... But wait... he can sing?! I sense my face heat up, my mouth agape as I practically gawk at him. Though, another emotion fills my face. As well as being flustered, tears of pure happiness sting my eyes, refusing to fall. It's only been a week away from him, but it certainly didn't feel like it. I pay attention to the lyrics, It sounds like he's describing me... I smile, admiring him as I lean on the railing.

Luke's POV🥁:
Whilst I'm gloomily singing, my head erupts with thoughts of Zander. I suppose this whole song idea wasn't the best as he's all that's on my mind, only making my dampened mood worse. Out of the corner of my eye, I can see a purple blur. I look at the centre of the packed audience, locating the violet victim. I feel my voice break as I notice the owner of the mauve hair and drooping periwinkle eyes. Zander. He gives me a little wave, his smile blocking out all my surroundings. I wave back, relieved tears forming in my eyes as I continue to sing, attempting to rush the song so I can reunite with him.