7

Chapter 7

Ayumi snapped out of her flashback just in time to see Reo dash through a chaotic mass of players, weaving around them like they were traffic cones. The ball was his now, and he zigzagged through Team Y's scattered defenders with ease.

"Alright!" Reo's pride swelled as he glided past the last defender. Just then, a figure with bangs materialized on his right, almost as if out of nowhere. "You're really skilled," Bangs began, his voice calm and unnervingly calculating. "An incredible balance of superb physical and technical ability..." He suddenly shifted his weight onto Reo, attempting to throw him off balance. "...but you're still just a goody-goody elite," he added with a smirk.

"Ah? You know nothing about me," Reo snapped back, his annoyance flickering in his eyes.

"I just call it like I see it," Bangs responded, his tone as flat as his expression.

0.0567 seconds later, Zantetsu came barreling in from the left, making both Reo and Bangs (Niko) jolt in surprise.

"Sorry to interrupt this lovely get-together," Zantetsu chimed in before pausing, uncertain. "Did I use that right...? Sorry to interrupt."

"You used it right... but you're in the way," Bangs replied coolly.

"Bring it on, idiots," Reo added, his tone dripping with mockery. Ayumi watched the bizarre exchange with a deadpan expression, silently questioning the sanity of her teammates.

Reo deftly placed the ball under the sole of his foot and executed a smooth backstep, sending both boys stumbling into each other. Their foreheads collided with a resounding thud, causing both to grunt in pain. "Whoops..." Reo muttered, though his tone lacked any real apology.

"I'm not just some goody-goody..." Reo's eyes darkened, a chilling intensity taking over. "I'm a super elite, Mikage Reo!!" With a sharp kick, he sent the ball hurtling between the two dazed boys. It sailed past the goalkeeper and slammed into the net with a satisfying smack.

3-0

Team Y is going to lose badly, Ayumi thought, her mind already detached from the outcome.

"Remember that from now on, you lowly peasants!!" Reo's voice pierced through Ayumi's thoughts, snapping her back to reality. She was still rooted in the same spot Reo had left her.

"Ugh..." Zantetsu groaned, rubbing his forehead. "What did he mean by that? Supa Erito? I have to Google that later..."

He probably has a mild concussion, Ayumi mused, her thoughts laced with apathy.

"I hope you understand now, stupid Zantetsu!" Reo yelled, pointing at Zantetsu, who looked more confused than ever. "In this team, I am the strongest player!!"

You wish, Ayumi thought, rolling her eyes at Reo's over-the-top declaration.

"This game is far from over, you supa Erito," Zantetsu finally retorted, his breath heavy. "You idiots sure don't know when to give up..." Reo replied with a business-like grin.

The next moments of the match blurred together:

4-0, Reo scored.
5-0, Zantetsu scored.
6-0, Ayumi scored.
7-0, Ayumi scored again.

After effortlessly securing her third goal, Ayumi sat cross-legged by the goal post, leaning against it. Her mind drifted to a daydream about a date with a life-sized golden Oreo at some expensive American restaurant.

The faint sound of someone scoring pulled her from her reverie. She blinked awake just in time to see the monitor flash with Reo's latest goal.

8-0

"There! I scored a hat trick! It's my win!!" Reo shouted, wiping the sweat from his brow, his breath ragged. "Are you satisfied yet, stupid Zantetsu?!"

"The game's not over..." Zantetsu replied, his voice strained. "We still have some unfinished business..."

"Piss off, I don't have time to waste on you," Reo spat, his tone icy. "It's about time I played with Nagi..." His gaze shifted toward the goal, where the lazy boy was dozing off, much like Ayumi, who was now engrossed in studying the artificial grass beneath her.

"...it has a nice shade of phthalo green with a tint of cadmium and Castleton green..." she murmured under her breath.

"Wait a second..." Reo's eyes narrowed as he noticed his white-haired companion, still leaning against the net, teetering on the edge of sleep. "Why are you slacking off over there, Nagi?! And since when were you GK...?!" Reo's confusion was palpable.

"Wow, it's almost like sleeping in a hammock," Nagi muttered, disregarding Reo's outburst. "Feels so gooood," he added, stretching lazily. "We pretty much won the game, right? Congrats, Reo," he mumbled before drifting back to sleep.

"Jeez, you gotta be kidding me," Reo deadpanned, exasperation lining his features. His gaze then shifted to Ayumi, who was now scrutinizing the goalpost's paint.

"...it has a kind of pearl white with a cornsilk shade over it-" "Ayumi-chan!!"

Ayumi barely managed to finish her thought before Reo approached her. "Do you want to help me with my plays? I could do the same for you if you wan-" "No."

Reo barely finished his offer before Ayumi, still seated, gave him a bored look. She had now turned to face the goalpost entirely. "...w-why not?" Reo stammered, taken aback.

"Because it would be pointless and, much to my dismay, a drag..." Ayumi's voice was soft but firm. Reo heard her clearly. "I already have enough points to get my phone back. That's all I need. So no, I won't assist you." She then resumed her meticulous study of the goalpost.

Reo stood there, processing her words, before an idea struck him. "That's it! Hey, Nagi!" he called out.

"Hm?" Nagi responded, barely awake.

"You want your phone back?!"

"Of course," Nagi answered, his voice groggy. "I want to play video games."

"Then score three goals!! Just like Ayumi-chan!! You can use the goals to get your phone back!" Reo's attempt to persuade Nagi worked like a charm.

"Eh, really? In that case, let me use your three goals to get my phone back, please?"

"Absolutely not," Reo scolded, shaking his head. "If you want your phone back, get it yourself! Where's your Ego?!"

Nagi stretched, yawning. "Ahh... all that stuff about Ego is super annoying, but... I do want to play video games... Hey, Reo, can I slack off as soon as I score three goals?"

"I'll allow it!" Reo replied, his voice tinged with urgency.

"Alright, I'll do it," Nagi agreed, his determination mild but present.

In the next 10 minutes, Nagi effortlessly scored three goals, while Ayumi absentmindedly studied the shades of gray on the roof above her.

Team V won: 10-0.

︶꒦꒷♡꒷꒦︶
A/n: changed the cover page, might keep on changing till later on, I'm going to bed now, its literally 05:27 am and I started at 02:00 am.

1127 words