11

A/n: YALL IM BACK!!

Chapter 11: "I'm not a slave."

In her favourite secluded corner, Ayumi was engrossed in a video that would make any sane person question their life choices. The video was titled in an obnoxious all-caps font, "TOP TEN MANY FUNNIEST SOCCER GOALS!!! || **DEF NO CLICKBAT**." It was the sort of mind-numbing content you'd never expect Ayumi freaking Aya to watch, but she found herself oddly entertained by the sheer absurdity of it all-like watching a trainwreck, so bad it was almost good.

"Nice goal bonus!" Reo shouted, "high quality beds acquired!"

Ayumi sighed deeply, glancing over at her teammates, who had decided that Reo's bed was now a trampoline. They bounced like hyperactive children, their glee infectious as the others watched on with wide eyes.

'Why are they acting like they're the ones who paid for it?' Ayumi thought dryly, her gaze shifting to the group. Even Nagi, who usually exuded a level of indifference rivalling her own, seemed caught up in the moment.

'Great. Looks like I'm the last one holding onto sanity in this loony bin,' Ayumi mused, rolling her eyes before returning to her brain-melting video.

But the madness wouldn't leave her in peace. Zantetsu, grinning ear to ear, suddenly joined the bouncing brigade, "Come join us, Ayum-"

"No." Ayumi's response was flat, almost mechanical. It was as if Reo had anticipated her refusal, not missing a beat as he continued to jump, with Nagi and Zantetsu keeping him company.

"Oi, you guys, what about the meeting?" Another teammate pointed toward the monitor, where a rather intense-looking guy was displayed, with the name 'Barou Shouei' ominously hanging beneath his image. "I've already gathered data on our next opponents, Team X," the guy went on, "Team X's ace is this guy, Barou Shouei. His weapons are his charging skill, dribbling, and a powerful mid-range shot..."

"Alright, alright," Reo interrupted, clearly unbothered, as he and the others collapsed into a pile of limbs and laughter.

Reo: "The three of us are unmatched, right?"
Zantetsu: "Unbeatable, right?"
Nagi: "Uek-" Poor Nagi was squashed at the bottom of the heap.

With sudden energy, Reo threw Zantetsu off and shot up, eyes blazing with determination. "Let's win all our matches, Team V!" he declared, and his minio- I mean, Ayumi's ever-enthusiastic teammates echoed his rallying cry in unison.

A/n: working on the next chapter today to make up for my week-long absence, might take long tho...
Accidentally published before proofreading, so I had to unpublish, sry for the false alarm 😭