9

A/n: Vibing to god race while writing this at 22:01 with literally 4% remaining, pray for me, Fam.

Chapter 9: Queen of the field.

Estimatedly an hour after the embarrassing encounter, Ayumi found herself seated in her team V uniform in her lovely corner with Nagi, listening to Reo's overexagerrated speech about the so-called "Wanima brothers" who were in team W, the team they would soon face.

One looked like he had crocodiles for eyebrows while the other had his eyebrow stolen straight from his face.

"In the next game, we're facing team W!" He started, "like us, they won their first game, the core of their team is...
The Wanima brothers! if we can stop these two, we'll definitely win!"

"We'll set up an offence with me at the centre! Just like we trained, position yourselves to split up the two brothers!" Reo continued, "Alright!? Our ultimate goal is to get high-quality beds for everyone! Let's shut them out 60-0!!"

1:"YEAAAAAAAH!!"
2:"I wanna sleep well too!"
3:"I'll sleep like a rock!"

"Reo is amazing," Nagi whispered to Ayumi, "it's like he built a cult around himself..." covering his lower face with his Vest," "...More like a nation..."Ayumi deadpanned.

The next thing they knew, they were on the field.

"Let's continue our hot streak, Nagi!"Reo told his loyal companion while tying his hair. "Since the team is united now, you don't need me, right?" Nagi asked, hoping to slack off. "Not allowed, you gotta fight," Reo answered, "yeah, yeah..."

'The Wanima brothers look like literal corpses' Ayumi shuddered, positioned as right wing back this time.

At kickoff, 'no eyebrows' passed to 'yes eyebrows', and they charged forward. Ayumi stood in place before remembering, '...now I want the deluxe bed...' she sighed before running ahead to take possession of the ball.

Before she could take 5 steps forward, two players from Team W came, from god knows where to block her. When she looked to see if Reo managed to press one of the Wanima brothers, she saw a similar situation happening to him.

"I watched the replay of your last match and figured it out," 'no eyebrows' started, ''Mikage Reo, Team V revolves around you, doesn't it?" Reo just made a 'tsk' sound.

"If we can stop you from leading team V, their formation will become stagnant, and at the same time, our explosive combination attack will rip your defence to shreds, is what my brother says." 'No eyebrows' concluded.

The brothers then began ripping through our defence as promised, running at Impressive speeds.

"You underestimate me, you shitty players." Sometime somehow, Ayumi had disappeared from the defenders' view and intercepted one pass between the brothers, "two defenders, really, I'm not that Mediocre." She added with a golden aura around her.

After receiving the ball she ran, when I say ran, I mean RAN, it was once again comparable to zantetsu. By the time her acceleration gradually reduced, she was a few steps past midline. "...I'll put an end to your misery." Ayumi said before kicking the ball in a beautiful arch around all remaining defenders and the goalkeeper and into the right upper corner of the net.

1-0

Ayumi turned her head and pointed at the Wanima brothers, "That," Ayumi began, referring to the goal she just scored, "...is my explosive reaction."

"A-Ayumi-chan!!,"Reo then ran up to her and attempted to put his arm around Ayumi's shoulder when she swiftly dodged, "No." Causing Reo to nearly lose his balance.

At restart, a similar situation happened, except they sent 4 people to block Ayumi. Obviously, their block was lacking, and Ayumi could easily break through. However, she just stayed in place, 'too much of a hassle...' she thought.

Easily enough, the Wanima brothers broke through our defence, more tactical than last time, and even Nagi was impressed, "Wow, impressive..." Nagi said as the Wanima brothers passed the ball to and from. Till it landed in the net.

1-1

The score tied. "Shaaaa!" The brothers high-fived. Reo gave a determined look while wiping the sweat of his chin, "...We need to start playing as a team too..."

"I refuse," Zantetsu said blankly.
"Sounds like a pain." Nagi refuted.
"What a drag..." Ayumi deadpanned

"Do as I say, Rook! Bishop! And Queen!" Reo shouted with an intense look at the three.

︶꒦꒷♡꒷꒦︶
A/n: short chapter, I know. But bear with me, I'm at school rn.

Question:
Do you feel...

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚ 𝒃𝒐𝒏𝒊𝒕𝒂 ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*?

760 words