Chapter Five, Misanthropy

CHAPTER FIVE, Misanthropy

"Sucks, huh? We got some mass hysteria going on here." Mirroa comments, as he takes a seat in one of the beanbags near the corner. He adjusts his headphones and watches as Samansa stares at the headline.

"What? Cat got your tongue?" He mutters, tilting his head in confusion.

"...No... I haven't heard of it, this is new to me." Samansa says quietly, eyes locked on the name of the deceased. It was her opponent in a game she played in the autumn. Why did she... kill herself? How did she hang herself on that willow tree? A 10-year-old wasn't capable of tying a heavy rope into a noose like that. Samansa sighs and takes a few seconds to close her eyes, trying to visualise anything like that. Was it possible and she just didn't realise? She shakes her head and takes a seat in the other beanbag. She tried to gaslight herself into not thinking about the dream she had. She knew how it happened. She was basically there to see it.

"Why're you looking into this?" Samansa frowns, taking her hat off and putting it next to her. She was starting to sweat.

"It's.. a pretty big deal. A kid "hanging herself"." He says, sarcastically as he puts his hands up to air quote the last bit. "I mean, come on. How do people believe that?"

"...Yeah, it's weird," Samansa mutters, putting the newspapers on the little coffee table. "...I wonder if someone killed her. I mean, they really have no motive to kill a literal 10-year-old, right?" She says with a small smile, trying to cover the nervousness. She couldn't just tell him, straight up, 'I dreamt in the perspective of the killer and saw them hang the kid like a Christmas ornament.' She rolls her eyes.

"I swear, this town's inhabitants believe anything these days. A kid could end up in a literal water tank, the lid weighing 100 kilograms, and the people here would still think they killed themselves."

Samansa nods, he was right. The people here weren't ones to investigate anything. Giving the town a bad reputation would be awful, and no one wanted to deal with that. Mirroa looks over at the section Samansa was at beforehand, but doesn't say anything. Why would she be in the Encyclopedia section, especially the Human Anatomy one? Sure, she was obsessed with those Forensic Shows, but she never went looking for information in a damn Encyclopedia...

Mirroa stays silent, and eventually, after an hour, the two of them leave, parting ways as they both get back to their respective residences.

Samansa goes straight to her room since her parents weren't home yet. Her dad was working, and her mother... was probably out with friends. She gets her PJs from under her pillow and walks into the bathroom. She'd have to cut her hair a bit, especially in the front. Her bangs were slowly covering her eyes, which she hated. She gets in the shower and stays in there for a bit. Why was Mirroa looking at the Encyclopedias? Was he suspicious or something? Those dreams had to just be coincidences or something. She shouldn't worry much about them. Mr Yashiro was already talking to her way more than she wanted him to, so she'd definitely try to go back to her normal self in class the next day.

She gets out of the shower a few minutes later and grabs the scissors from the sink. She carefully lines her bangs up, and snips. She does the same with the two strands she had. Snip. She trims the back a little. Snip.

Now she'd have to hope and pray that her hair looked good when dry.

She sighs, before brushing her teeth and getting into her PJs. Today was good. Mirroa was finally at school again, and he'd be able to take her worries off her shoulders just by being there. She walks into her room and flops down on the bed. It was still pretty early to go to bed, so she took one of the books she had stashed on her nightstand and began to read. Maybe she could use this one for that book report thing... but, she thinks back to what Mr Yashiro said. She could make a project about a Manga... but, did she want to be an outcast? No, not really. That's her biggest fear... even if her whole role as the School Devil makes her... more of an outcast than anything.