Chapter Seven, Reflections

CHAPTER SEVEN, Reflections

Samansa wakes up in a surprisingly good mood. For the second night in a row, she wasn't dreaming of people her age dying in brutal ways. She grins to herself as she gets on her feet and stretches. Samansa could finally go to school worry-free, so she decides to head to school later. She'd always get up at 5 and immediately leave - so what harm would it do if she stayed home for a few minutes to eat breakfast or... even watch TV for a bit longer? After getting ready and leaving all her things at the door, she goes to the kitchen to grab something she made the other night. She almost always ate on the way to school until these dreams started, so returning to old habits would perhaps make her completely forget about the previous few days.

Samansa begins eating, and sits down at the dinner table. She looks out the kitchen window and sees how dark it is... if her dad doesn't allow her to go out at night, then why can she go to school alone when it's equally as dark as it was at night? Did the cops specifically tell parents to keep their children inside at night? Did they finally figure something out?

She eventually gets up, putting the bowl into the sink, before leaving out the front door. She adjusts her hat and locks the door, now walking down the front porch steps towards the street. Seeing either Yotsuba or Kenya on her walk would be pretty nice, especially now that Samansa didn't have to worry every moment of the day.

For whatever reason, Samansa always went out at least 20 minutes before Yotsuba and Kenya, so they'd have no possibility of seeing each other while walking to school. She looks up at the street lights, and adjusts the straps of her bag as she continues slowly walking to the School building. It snowed quite a lot the previous night, and she was soon walking through literal pounds of snow, her boots getting completely swallowed. She eventually walks out of it, and decides to walk on the road. Her sweatpants were completely soaked by this point...

"...Damn it." She shakes her leg a bit, trying to get the excess snow off. She sighs, looking around for any cars, before walking along the road on the side. She turns the corner, and now sees Mikoto Elementary in the distance. She sighs in relief, and speeds up to get out of the cold.

Once she enters the building, she slowly closes the door behind, and looks around. Why was there literally no one around? Even the receptionist wasn't around... sure, her shift began 10 minutes before class, but... whatever. Samansa sits on the bench in front of the lockers, and changes her shoes. She takes out her slippers, and changes into them, before walking up the stairs to Classroom 4. Thankfully it was open, since Mr Yashiro was aware of her always coming in early.

After hanging up her coat and hat, she looks at the chalkboard. Looks like Mr Yashiro already wrote down the lesson plan for the day. She reads, "Reading Exercise", and sighs in annoyance. Reading aloud... what a pain.

She sits down at her desk, and takes out the provided textbook they received.

Soon, she hears loud footsteps just outside the classroom. Tap, tap, tap... Rather slow paced, so the individual was obviously larger than a student. Not Yotsuba, Mirroa, or Kenya... She rolls her eyes. It was probably a Teacher or Janitor or something.

The door slides open, and Mr Yashiro walks in with a frown.

"Morning, Mr Yashiro," Samansa says, looking up from the text she was reading. Mr Yashiro looks over at her in a bit of surprise. Never thought she'd be the one to say hi first...

"Good morning Samansa." He nods back at her with a smile. "Ah, you got stuck in the snow too, huh?"

Samansa nods, albeit unwillingly. "Mhm." She looks down to see the snow from her sweatpants now dripping onto the floor below. Mr Yashiro chuckles a little before giving her a roll of tissue paper, leaving her to clean it while he writes down the topic for the day, that the students would have to note down. Samansa stands up from her chair and begins wiping down the floor. God damn it... she should've made sure they weren't soaking wet.