Chapter Thirteen, Candy

CHAPTER 13, Candy

Mr Yashiro watches her leave. He knows he was harsh - but he couldn't help it. He couldn't afford to keep giving her the benefit of the doubt, if she was going to act out like that. Nevertheless, the look on her face doesn't go unnoticed by him. It went from... practically a blank face to pure determination. For whatever reason, she was walking down the complete other direction of her house. He watches curiously as he wonders where she needs to go at this hour... a sudden urge to follow her crosses his mind, but he quickly brushes it aside for now. Despite his thoughts, he's feeling restless. The thought of Samansa walking the opposite direction of her home wasn't something he could shake off. It was almost a nagging feeling, that just wouldn't go away.

Mr Yashiro bites down, and makes his way to the parking lot. He begins to debate with himself over what he should do. He gets into his car, and sighs heavily. He turns the key in the ignition, the soft hum of the engine breaking the silence around him. He sits there, fingers tapping on the wheel as he continues with the internal debate he's been having for the past few minutes.

After a few minutes, he comes to a decision... albeit begrudgingly. With a huff, he drives out of the parking lot, and turns towards the direction of the residential houses. Where Kayo lived.

He drives slowly, trying to seem casual - but his heart is beating faster than usual. He looks around the snowy deserted area, not seeing anyone on the street or pavement. At least in his direct view. The neighbourhood area was eerily empty, the snow blanketing the ground around with a thick layer of white. The houses stand there silently, the only sign of activity are the faint sounds of life coming from inside.

Then - from a distance, he sees a figure walking through the snow, and it takes him a second to realize that the person was no one other than Samansa, walking on the sidewalk. She was unnervingly set on The Hinazuki's residence. He watches her walk further down the street, and his frown deepens. What was she doing here? Why was she going there and not home?! He doesn't even realize that he's still following her at this point, his curiosity overriding his common sense.

Samansa turns around, and looks at the car in pure disbelief, her shoulders dropping. "...Seriously?"

Mr Yashiro freezes, watching the girl stare right at him with pure disappointment on her face. He can feel his heart skip a beat as he realizes he's been caught. He doesn't say anything, only awkwardly sits there as Samansa begins walking over to the car. She knocks on the window, and opens the door.

"You have got to be kidding me..." Samansa mumbles, sitting down in the passenger seat and crossing her arms over her chest. Her expression is the epitome of annoyance, and she knows exactly why Mr Yashiro is here, "well... I won't even bother trying to find an excuse for myself, I was trying to see if Kayo would get attacked before getting home - my dream was wrong.

Mr Yashiro mentally facepalms, staring at her for a moment, before stepping on the gas. The car was silent for a moment, he didn't know whether to be relieved or pissed off now. She wasn't doing anything morally wrong, but... it was still dangerous to follow someone while a killer was on the loose. What if they saw Samansa and murdered her alongside Kayo? He doesn't know what to think at this point. Why was this kid so damn stubborn...

The only thing he knows now is that he's frustrated and confused as hell. "You really thought that was a good idea... to go and check?" He finally breaks the silence.

"I had to check, okay..?" She rests her head against the window. "...Imagine if I actually saw the bastard."

Mr Yashiro lets out an annoyed sigh. "And what then? You would've gone and beat him up all by yourself, huh?" He can't help but let a hint of sarcasm slip into his voice now. He looks over at her, and sees the frown on her face. She's upset, that's pretty obvious. But he just wasn't in the mood to be nice.