Chapter Eight, Days

CHAPTER 8, Days

"...Sorry, Hamada." Samansa looks to her right, embarrassed. Hamada looks at her and raises his eyebrows slightly, surprised by the sudden apology. After a few moments of silence, and wiping his bloody nose, he shrugs.

"Eh. It's not like you hit me that hard. You've hit me harder in our previous fights."

Hamada nods and looks over at the window for a moment, trying to make out the hallway through the frosted glass, making sure Mr Yashiro wasn't heading back yet.

"...Your punches hurt like hell though. Like, more than before." He says, wincing as he feels the blood drip down from his nose. Samansa nods slowly, and touches her own, seeing the blood on her hands now. They sit in silence for a little longer, and eventually Hamada speaks up again.

"...Uh, I'm kinda surprised. Never thought you'd have the balls to say sorry to me."

"...Well, I don't."

Hamada nods, "yeah, that's more like the Samansa we know." He leans back in his chair and crosses his arms behind his head. "Now all we have to do is wait for Mr Goody Two Shoes to come back."

"..Mr Goody Two Shoes? Really?" Samansa raises a brow, and crosses her arms.

He nods, "yeah, ever noticed that he's like, obsessed with being understanding and... kind... or something? He's always so nice to everyone. Hell, he's even nice to you of all people! And you get in trouble with him every damn hour of the day. So yeah."

"Eh, I guess," Samansa shrugs, "it's kinda his job so... he has to keep up some sort of facade. He'd be beating us to death if he wasn't a teacher."

Hamada laughs, and nods. "Yeah! That'd be funny as hell - seeing him get angry all of a sudden." He glances out of the window again, and sighs. "But nooo... he's the picture perfect teacher. Always kind, always helping out. I'd rather be getting yelled at than get another half-assed peptalk."

He pauses, before continuing. "He even stayed late after class a couple times to help me out with math. He doesn't like doing it, but it's a 'teacher's duty' or some bullshit like that."

Samansa nods, and sighs. The two sit there, and conveniently shut up right as Hamada spots Mr Yashiro outside the classroom. The teacher slides the door open, one hand holding a packet of tissues, and the other with wet cloth. He also seems to be carrying a med kit under his arm... He looks at the two before walking over.

"Ah, you stayed quiet..." He kneels in front of Samansa, "let me see your nose."

Samansa looks at Hamada with a frown, while he looks back with that infamous cheeky smirk and sticks his tongue out. Mr Yashiro takes the wet cloth, and gently dabs it on Samansa's nose, trying to clean the blood off. He hands her a tissue, and instructs her to hold it up to her nose. He gets another wet cloth from the packet, and stands up, approaching Hamada. He kneels in front of him, and gently dabs the cloth on the blood to clean it off. He glances at their clothes, and sighs in relief when he sees no hint of blood anywhere.

"Can we go now?" Samansa mutters to herself, looking over at Hamada.

Mr Yashiro sighs and finishes wiping Hamada's nose. He stands up, and begins putting back everything in the first aid kit. "I still have a few things to discuss with you. After I'm done, we'll return to class..."

Samansa groans, and looks over at Hamada, who simply looks back at her and gives a shrug, as if to say, 'What can we do...'

The teacher crosses his arms, and lets out a tired sigh. "Honestly, you two are lucky Principal Yamamoto wasn't around. You'd be in even bigger trouble."