26.

Mias POV:
'How do you know?' I asked, sitting forwards.

'Last night he stormed out going on and on about how he'd found out. He wasn't making any sense, he just kept repeating, he knows.' She explained.

'Which he did.' I added.

'Which is extremely hot.' She interrupted, ignoring my scowl.

'I took him to the hospital, he was seen to and asked what had happened. They asked for the name of the guy who had done it, for police reports, and when they heard Theo's name they dismissed the case, clearing him up quickly and getting him out.' She explained.

'He's even got his fingers in that pie.' I mumbled.

'I assume he'd been working on it with Lucas for weeks. I know he'd never liked him, Maybe that's why.' She suggested.

'I'll have to ask.'

'Why are you out without Theo anyway? I thought that was like illegal.' She laughed.

'He's on a contracted date with Lady Dukesbury today.' I rolled my eyes.

'You're fucking with me? It couldn't have been some old lady?' She asked in disbelief.

'I said this. It's definitely a plan of some sorts.' I explained.

'Plan to what?' She raised her eyebrows.

'A plan to, good question.' I stalled.

'I know that there's something going on with you two, I've known you since we were babies, I know you.' She whispered.

I didn't respond and so she held out her baby finger, letting me know my secret would be safe. I linked mine with hers before completely spilling.

'We're engaged. He was contracted by my brother to stop me marrying the prince, but apparently now he actually likes me? I'm not sure it's all so confusing because then he'll do something to piss me off, like last night, but I don't know what to do.' I said, taking a deep breath at the end.

'Have you kissed him?' She questioned.

'A few times.'

'Oh my god!' She squealed. 'Was It Good?'

'I've never met a man like it. I don't understand him but he's so, he's what I want.' I said, definitively.

'He is hot.' She added.

'Harlow he really is, I just want him back from this fucking date because in all honesty it makes me so jealous.' I said, getting wound up.

'Oh it would make me jealous too. He's your bodyguard.' She added.

'And fiance.' I said.

I had been so busy in conversation that I'd not heard the door open, but I did notice Harlow's eyes look up at the door.

'Good job Im finished with my date now, princess.' I heard from behind me.

I didn't bother turning around. I didn't know how much he'd heard, but I could tell by the mischief on Harlows face that it was a lot.

'I'll see you later.' I smiled awkwardly to my friend, giving her a hug and saying goodbye to her cat, walking straight past Theo and out of the house.

His car was parked outside, and that made me realise he had driven right from his date to pick me up from Harlow's house.

'You were meant to be out all day.' I said, bluntly.

'Received intel that you'd fucked off again, had to come and get you.' He added.

'Hmm.' I nodded, getting in the car and looking down at the floor, fighting the urge to ask about his date.

'You know I don't like it when you break my rules, princess, they're there to protect you.' He said, starting the car and moving his hand to my thigh almost instinctively.

His eyes were on mine, watching for my reaction. He didn't get one, but my heart was pounding out of my chest.

'I know, I just needed time away from you. I can't breathe around you.' I said, quietly.

'You could've been killed on the way, and that wouldn't have been worth it, would it?' He said, gripping my leg tighter.

I didn't respond.

'How much did you hear?' I asked finally.

'The whole lot.' He said, not showing a single sign of emotion on his face.

'How was your date?' I asked, changing the subject at once, probably to the worst subject.

I saw his lips tug up in a smile, knowing what I'd previously said to Harlow about how it had made me feel.

'It was great.'

'Okay.' I nodded, bluntly.

'I'm fucking with you. I was thinking about you the whole time, I'm kinda glad you fucked up and your brother had to send me after you.' He responded.

'Aw. Me too.' I said sarcastically.

'Come on, let's get you inside.' Theo said, stopping the car outside of the front door, and getting out, fast enough to allow him enough time to come and open my door.

I smiled, he still always did that, nomatter how angry or annoyed we were at eachother. He placed his hand on my lower back, chuckling slightly when he felt me take a deep breath, walking me into the castle to the sound of my brother shouting.

'I don't care. She walked right past you thismorning and you didn't think to report it? It took Theo checking in on her location to realise she was missing! You're dismissed.' My brother shouted, waving two members of staff from the door.

I looked at Theo. Checking in on my location. I knew that he had it, but I didn't think that on his date he would have looked at it. He looked down at me, his dark eyes swarming mine, letting me know that checking my location on a date is exactly what he does.

'You're ridiculous you know that.' Lucas said, embracing me in a tight hug.

'I told you I needed space.' I said, harshly.

'And you got it. And also nearly death too, the Prince has flown over today with his father, and a shit load of security. It's all so dodgy Mia.' He explained.

'I'm safe. I'm here.' I said, softly.

'I need to speak to Theo. Please leave.' He said, squeezing my hand.

I looked to Theo, who nodded at me, letting me know he'd catch up with me when he was done. I wanted a second to speak to him, but I knew I'd have to wait. I made my way out into the garden, past the kitchen, screaming when I was grabbed by my leg and pulled into the cellar.

My phone was taken from me, and I was held still, my mouth covered by a second person. Before my eyes were covered, I watched them disable the tracker, and I tried to wriggle from their grasp, screaming and thrashing to get away, but it was no use.

'Shut up.' A familiar voice said, under his breath.

I began to cry when I realised it was Harry. I was choking, because I was crying and trying to breathe through a rag, but it was no use, I was being pulled from the house whilst my brother and Theo were occupied.

'The Duke said to get her back quickly.' I heard the other man whisper.

I began to cry harder. I had a feeling he'd be involved, but I didn't want it to be true. I had refused to marry to prince, which he was extremely in favour of, and so I was to end up prisoner or dead or I don't know.

I clutched onto Harry's arm but he hit me off, acting as if he didn't know me at all. But I guess it had been fake. He didn't really want to be my friend.

I closed my eyes and waited for it to all be over, hoping that Theo would find me. He always did. I know he'd said that nobody had got hurt under his supervision, but that statement officially became false, as I felt something hard hit me in the side of the head, knocking me out.