Sam's cooking

Sam was just in his room tuning his guitar when he heard his mom come back home. Her eyes looked very tired and she looked like she was gonna fall asleep any second.

"Mom are you ok?" Sam asked.

"Yeah... I just didn't get much sleep last night." Jodi replied, "anyways I bet you guys are hungry, how about I make you guys some dinner?"

"Mom please, take a nap," Sam thought for a moment, "I'll make dinner,"

Jodi didn't reply as she was already slumped over asleep on the couch.

Sam decided to try to and make something easy for dinner. Something anyone could make.

He grabbed a box of pasta and looked at the instructions, "Boil water," He stared at the box.

"That can't be that hard," he said to himself.

After the water looked like it was boiling he decided to put the pasta in it. After that he heard the front door open. Vincent had come home from school.

He walked up to the door and thanked Penny for being his teacher. Then led Vincent inside.

"What's that smell," Vincent crinkled his nose.

"Oh I'm making pasta," Sam replied.

"Oh," Vincent walked away.

Sam went back up to the pasta he was making to check on it. He looked at it to see that it was burnt. "Maybe a little burnt is fine, it just adds to the flavor."

He dished up the pasta in three bowls for him, Jodi, and Vincent.

Sam walked over to Jodi, "Mom wake up I made dinner."

Jodi slightly woke up, "Oh that's great honey."

He handed her and Vincent the bowls of pasta.

"Yeah this tastes amazing," Jodi said with a full mouth.

Sam smiled then went to go grab something from the kitchen.

When Sam wasn't looking Jodi spat out the pasta into a trash can.

Sam walked back into the room.

"This tastes awful!" Vincent blurted out.

Sam chuckled, "Well it was my first time trying to make pasta, I'll do better next time."

Thanks for the story idea!
FunAviii