Chapter 12- Better now

Asher's Pov

Brooke hasn't been to school in 2 weeks. Or at least that's what Sam told me because I havn't either.

Suspension is NOT fun especially when you're grounded too.

At least my parents acknolaged me enough this time to actually do something.

These 2 weeks have been brutal, I keep replaying that night over and over and over again.

....

The slow songs came on and I could see Brooke from across the dance floor. 

She's beautiful.

her long wavy hair reaches down to her waist, hugged tightly by her black dress. I cant take my eyes off her. 

I see her look back at me and then she leaves with her date following her, I watch her walk away until she's lost in the crowd. 

I look back at my date and even though I'm dancing with her, I see Brooke. 

what is this?

She leans in and whispers I softly in my ear "meet me in the girls bathroom" and walks away.

I walk over to the punch table and get a drink.

I should be happy and excited that such a beautiful girl like Jamie wants me. 

so why arn't I?

I go over to the girls bathroom and I look at the door

cmon Asher. just...just do it.

My mind is whirling and and before I can do anything my legs seem to take initiative and turn around to go to the exit.

I open the door and my eyes search for Brooke and I see Her date, some guy from her class, forcing himself on her.

I freeze and watch as she screams tries to fight.

I don't waste a second after that when I see his hand go up her dress, I push him away and start shouting at him.

Her friend Raya must have followed me looking for Brooke because she comforts Brooke while me and the guy are yelling at eachother.

Then everything goes black. 

I don't remember much. just vague flashes of me punching him.

kicking him. 

screaming at him.

I remember the teacher's pulling me off.

I remember somehow being in the office talking to the principal.

I remember my parents calling me telling me I'm grounded.

But the thing I remember most is Brookes face.

she was numb, empty. 

....

I shake the memories out of my head not wanting to relive it. 

I stand up and get out of bed

I grab my phone and call Sam as I shove on my pants, jumping around my room.

He awnserd, still groggy and tierd even though its 12pm

"hey you have Raya's number right?" I ask him as I throw on a tshirt and a sweater