Chapter 14- Confession

Brooke's pov

I've been lying in my bed for the past half hour thinking about what Asher said. I cant get his words out of my mind.

"well, maybe its the way you play your game. maybe its the way you say my name. I don't know, when I'm looking at you I've never felt so alive and free." 

"when I'm looking at you I've never felt so...happy. its kinda like I see forever in your eyes. I feel okay when I see you smile" 

A warm feeling spreads in my chest thinking of these words over and over again.

Asher De Luca likes me

well he technically didn't say he likes me but I mean the words said it all!!

I'm tossing and turning thinking about this until Raya hits me with a pillow and tells me to stop.

She decieded to stay over and right now she was inturrupting my very troubling thoughts about Asher. 

I should tell her right? because that's what best friends do that's what normal people do. 

I think? 

This had me tossing and turning again and Raya finally switches on the lamp and sits up

"okay what is it?" she says looking at me annoyed and maybe a bit homocidal

my mind rushes into worry before I finally decide on telling her.

"uhm Raya... I need to tell you something."

"hurry up I'm tired and angry and if you keep me up any longer I'll start strangling you"

I smile at her words but she shoots me a deadly look which reminds me its not the time

"okay uhm I dont know how to say this"

Raya waits for me to finish trying to look patient but I can clearly see shes one more second closer to actually strangling me

"I think I like asher" I blurt out In a hurry

"oh?" Raya says, shocked

"I don't know! okay! he...he makes me feel happy. he's funny and nice and he knows when to cheer me up. I just love the way his hair shines in the sun or how cute he looks when he smiles and his dimples show. I love everything about him, the good and the bad."

Raya just looks at me and blinks then she says

"are you sure you like him?"

I look at her surprised she would ask this 

"yeah duh did all the things I just said not convince you"

"I don't think you like him"

I look at her completely flabbergasted

"I think you're in love love with him"

I freeze at that and think. like really think.

I think about everytime I'm around him and think about everything from the day that I met him.

I think about the words he said to me on that ferris wheel.

Those words

"when I'm looking at you I've never felt so...happy. its kinda like I see forever in your eyes. I feel okay when I see you smile" 

I make him happy. knowing that makes me feel like I'm on top of the world.

I love Asher.

not just like I love him but I need him. he's everything, well 1/3 of everything. what? if got a mom and bestie who I still love.

But aside from that, I love Asher. 

I'm still trying to process this when Raya snaps her fingers infront of me 

"you okay?"

"I love him."

The room is quiet

"I love Asher"

Raya hugs me

"I know. I know"

We fall asleep at some point but I still have my mind stirring but this time not with the words Asher said or what happened that night.

I was thinking about Raya, and how much I love her. because without her...I wouldn't be anything.

I love my best friend more than anything.