DISOWNED

Sunday 3rd June.
(12:00am)

"I am sorry, but it is over between us" I sent the text message to Fred.

I felt my heart pounding and my blood pressure increasing I could hear the sound of my heart beating in my throat, "emergency, switch off, restart" my phone displayed options after I pressed the power button for 2 minutes.

"Switch off" I pressed the button, dropped my phone my head board and covered myself with my blanket.

It is going to be a long night I fear, and there was no turning back now.

I lay in bed staring blankly at the ceiling that seems to be closing up on me, what is going to happen to me now? I know my parents would not take it easy on me but I just can't marry Fred, I can't!
My eyes drift to the clock on my night stand "12:02 am" the time read, it has only been a minute since I sent the text, I'm scared.

(8:00 am)
"Knock knock" I slowly opened my eyes as the sound grew louder and louder.

"Yawn" I sat up from my bed as I had a very satisfying stretch, it was morning already I was able to sleep, thank God.

"Come in grace" I said as she flung the door open with aggression, she looked like she wanted to beat me into pulp.

"Your majesty, are you okay? Did something happen?" She rushed to me.

"No, nothing that I know of" I said as I stared at her blankly tilting my head to the side "Fred, oh my God Fred!" I yelled as I jumped up from my bed.

"Your majesty, what's going on?" Grace asked again with a look of concern on her face.

"Nothing, what happened? Why are you here this early" I asked, it has only been 8 hours since I sent the text, has Fred already made it to the palace already? He already told mom and dad?

"Your mom called me, she said I should tell you to switch on your phone or else you would be excommunicated from becoming the next queen" grace said.

This isn't news to me "do this or else you'll get excommunicated, do that you have to show example to our people, don't do this how would the people view you and the royal family" enough of all these treat and rules, I am done. Maybe excommunicating me would be best for the entire nation, if marrying Fred is what it takes to become queen then I don't want it, I don't want the throne I don't want the marriage either.

"Her majesty, please" grace said in a sobbing voice, she genuinely looked like she was going to cry, well what did I expect it has only been 5 months since she began working as my personal help.

"Okay then, I would" I said reassuring as I picked up my phone, "huh here we go" I sighed as I long pressed the power button to switch it on.

"Ding"
"Ding"
"Ding" I heard my phone vibrate as messages kept coming in from different people.

"103 missed calls from Fred" was the only thing that caught my eyes, who I their right sense would call another human being 103 times? Well I guess that was how desperate he was for the throne too bad.

"What nonsense are you talking about? 'over?' what's over?"
"Diana, don't you dare do this to me"
"Don't you dare embarrass me and my family like this"
"Diana, pick up the phone!"
"Diana I swear to God, pick up your God dam phone"
"Diana, answer the phone my love let's talk about us"
"Diana, please don't do this to me" messages from Fred kept flooding my phone, I couldn't even read them all, I was done with him and our relationship and there is no going back, I refuse to go back on my words.

"Incoming call from idar" my phone began to vibrate as she called.

"Good morning dear" I said as I swiped up to pick the call.

"So you finally did it, you finally let go of that opportunist and his family" she said immediately I picked up.

"Yeah I did" I answered.

"He has been buzzing my phone non stop all night, i am proud of you your majesty, you are very courageous" idar began to encourage me.

"Well I don't think the kingdom was worth my life and if I stayed a single more day with Fred I would have lost it" I have had enough of the relationship for a while but yesterday was the last straw that broke my silence.

"Your mom also called me to talk some sense into you, and that is exactly what I am doing dear" she said in a happy tone.

"Yeah, thanks, idar. I really do appreciate everything you do for me" I said in a low tone, she has been by my side for a huge portion of my life also supporting me.

"You know what? When I get off my shift I would come directly to your house and we would go out exploring the city of Bayan" she said happily.

"Yeah sure, till then" I said as I disconnected the call, I was beginning to get anxious again my heart rate has increased tremendously.

Thank God I am not in the palace, because whatever is going on now could be ten times worst if I was home where Fred, my parents and his family would have direct access to me.

"Knock knock" grace was at the door again, it had to be her we were the only one sin the mansion.

"Come in dear" I said as she stepped into the room with her cellphone on her ear, she was on a call.

"Your highness, her majesty wants to speak with you" grace whispered as she handed over the phone to me.

"Good morning mom" greeted her on the phone.

"Diana, tell me this is a joke!" She yelled at me.

"No ma, I can't do this anymore" I answered back.

"Diana, Diana" she yelled my name over the phone, "Diana, don't you dare do this to me" she yelled over the phone.

"Diana?" My mom never caught a break, it was everyone else before me, she never cared about me or what I was interested in, it was always about her, what she wanted for me is what I did never what I wanted for myself.

It is exhausting, everything was exhausting honestly.

"I booked a plane ticket for you to ofuland tomorrow morning, whatever you do make sure you are on that flight" mom said as she disconnected the call.

She was still as selfish as ever, never saw anything from my point of view, she doesn't even love me.