Chapter 18: Sharing a Bed

Perhaps it was the complex look in Shi Tingyu's eyes that left Lu Weiguo puzzled, not quite sure what she was thinking.

Fortunately, the news he brought was good.

Shi Tingyu decided to put aside the matter concerning the original female protagonist from the book and urged her parents to rest. "Mom, Dad, now you can relax. It's still early, so go get some sleep."

Shi's mother glanced at Lu Weiguo. "It's quite late now. Weiguo should stay here tonight."

Lu Weiguo agreed, and only then did Shi's parents head to their room.

Now, only Lu Weiguo and Shi Tingyu were left in the living room. Lu Weiguo's gaze naturally fell on her.

Shi Tingyu initially considered tidying up her brother's room for Lu Weiguo to stay in. But then she remembered that they were now legally married. If they didn't sleep in the same room and her parents noticed in the morning, they might overthink it.

Her parents had always believed that she married Lu Weiguo—a man with such a rugged appearance—out of a compromise with the circumstances and fate.

In truth, only she knew that she didn't dislike Lu Weiguo. Despite his flawed appearance, his physique was attractive, and his entire demeanor was quite appealing to her.

Especially his personality, which didn't match his tough exterior.

He was much better than those men who were all looks and bad habits.

Moreover, his rugged and sharp appearance actually suited her taste. If it hadn't, she wouldn't have considered him just because he was thoughtful and had a good personality.

Seeing him standing there, looking like he was ready to follow her lead, Shi Tingyu smiled. "You should wash up in the bathroom first. I'll get some clothes for you."

With that, Shi Tingyu went to Shi Muchan's room.

She remembered buying some pajamas for Shi Muchan, which had been washed but never worn—perfect for emergencies.

Shi Muchan was 1.83 meters tall, slightly shorter than Lu Weiguo, but pajamas are generally loose and comfortable, so they would fit.

Taking the clothes, Lu Weiguo obediently went to freshen up.

Shi Tingyu returned to the bed and found a spare pillow in the wardrobe, placing it next to her.

She lay on the bed, her hands neatly folded over her stomach, lying straight as a rod.

Even though the man hadn't come over yet, she felt a bit nervous.

Knowing something is one thing, but actually sharing a bed is another.

She could have given him another blanket to use separately.

But she feared Lu Weiguo might think she was rejecting him.

Although it didn't show on his usually stern face, Shi Tingyu knew from his subtle actions that he wasn't a rash person. Or rather, he was very careful with her, afraid she might feel uncomfortable.

Lu Weiguo used to be quick in the shower, but this time he took more than twice as long as usual.

Previously, when staying alone in the dorm, he'd often take a rushed "combat shower," barely touching the water. But now, thinking about sharing a bed with Shi Tingyu, he wished he could scrub off a layer of his skin to feel reassured.

He was aware that his appearance wasn't particularly appealing to women. Even though he was now legally married to Shi Tingyu, he didn't dare cross any boundaries.