Visiting the Doctor

Carrie slept on, as she had for the past few hours. Being under the quilt, she was feeling warm and comfortable, and she still had her arms round Richmond. Though she'd never slept with another person in the same bed before in her life, she'd had a very good night's rest, probably better than at any time in her life up to then. She gently squeezed her arms round Richmond, only to find that he felt much softer than usual. She opened her eyes a little, and saw that she actually had her arms round one of Richmond's pillows instead.

She opened her eyes fully, and sat up before looking over towards the window. The curtains were opened, showing it was that morning and the sun was rising into a crystal-clear blue sky. Wondering where Richmond was.

Carrie: Morning Richmond.

Carrie's smile came across her face.

Richmond: And good morning Carrie. Did you sleep well?

Carrie: I did. I had the best night's sleep I've had for a long time. And I didn't want it to end. Thank you for giving me that.

She came over, threw his arms round him and gave him a big hug which Richmond happily returned after that they released each other from their hug.

Richmond: I'll get dressed and then I'll get us breakfast ready. How does a bowl of cereal with a glass of orange juice sound?

Carrie: Sounds good to me. I should be done here in a few minutes.

After getting dressed in fresh clothes, including black pants, fresh white socks and a red shirt and blue hoodie as well as putting on his blue Converse shoes, Richmond went out to the kitchen and, after opening the curtains, set about getting the table ready for breakfast. Putting out two bowls and spoons, two glasses, a bottle of unopened orange juice, two boxes of cereal, cornflakes and Cheerios, as well as the bottle of milk.

He had filled the two glasses with orange juice and then heard sounds coming from the bedroom.

Richmond: Breakfast!

Carrie stepped out a second later, still in her pyjamas, and sat at one of the places.

Richmond: Well Carrie, which cereal do you want cornflakes or Cheerios?

Carrie: I'll have Cheerios.

Carrie takes the box, reaching for the open pack inside and putting two biscuits into her bowl, as Richmond poured some cornflakes into his bowl and they tucked into their cereal after pouring in some milk. They were silent for a few long moments as they ate.

Carrie: What's the time?

Richmond looked at the clock.

Richmond: It's almost 7:30 AM. Rita's gonna be here in just a few short minutes.

Richmond had a hint of worry in his voice, as he took a sip of his orange juice.

Carrie: I wonder what she'll say when she sees us here together.

Carrie took in another spoonful of Cheerios and milk.

Richmond: Remember what I said, Carrie...let me worry about that. But how's your shoulder feeling this morning?

Carrie: Still a bit sore, but not as much as it was last night.

Richmond: Well, we should still have it looked at by a doctor as soon as possible. In fact, the sooner it looked at the better I'd say.

Carrie nodded in agreement.

Carrie: I'm glad you didn't serve any oatmeal this morning. That's all my momma ever gave to me for breakfast each morning, and for years as well. And I'm just sick of eating it by now. I think that Cheerios is much better.