Graduation and Carrie's Birthday

Friday

June 28nd, 2013

Afternoon

Principal Morton: And wherever each of you seniors all may go in the life that's stretched out ahead of you. I wish each and every one of our senior students a very successful future and the very best of luck all the way. Give yourselves a cheer!

Principal Morton announced from where he stood at the podium in the middle of the stage, and all the senior students before him stood up from their chairs and threw their black mortarboard hats high up into the air and cheered out loudly as their hats fell back to them. Off to the side, the school band, which numbered about 60 students in total, began playing the school theme song with their musical instruments to end the graduation ceremony.

It was a bright and sunny early summer afternoon, and as such the main graduation ceremony for all the senior students of Ewen High School was being held outside on the main sports field just behind the school building.

Sitting just off to the side and watching the graduation ceremony take place were all the parents, relations and friends of those senior students who were graduating as well as the teachers of Ewen High, and of course Richmond's father, uncles, cousins and they were all very happy to see Ewen High's senior students graduate. And all of them were cheering as well, pleased to see the seniors of the school graduating with honours.

For Richmond, it was the end of his time in Ewen High School and he had graduated with full honours in all the classes that he had taken part in over the last two months, which would go towards the results of his return back home. He was very pleased that all his hard work over here had paid off so handsomely.

Carrie had also graduated with high honours too, and she had graduated with some of the highest honours available, having passed every subject that she studied. And she was also just as pleased as Richmond was that all her hard work had paid off so handsomely, despite the difficulties she'd gone through for much of the year with the bullying.

Not too long after the graduation ceremony came to an end and everyone was dispersing from the seating area in front of the stage, Jack and Carrie went over to where Rita and the triplets had been sitting off to the side and watching the ceremony.

Daniel: Well son how does it feel to know that you've finally made it through your two months here and graduated with full honours?

Richmond: It feels great, I'll be honest. I really wasn't sure if I'd ever make it to this point or even see it when I first arrived here. But now I'm very pleased I did.

Richmond: Well, congratulations all round to you and Carrie, as well as to your friends, for making it all the way to this point. So, what's on for later today?

Dylan: Well, we've all got that graduation party to attend to while we're here at the school, Rita...and then later this evening, we're all going to be going out to have a really good dinner at one of the restaurants at the mall to celebrate his graduation.

He smiled while holding his diploma in his hands.

Herb: And of course, there Carrie's 18th birthday to celebrate tomorrow too.

Rita: And what are you gonna do for that, Richmond?

Jack: Whatever Carrie wants to do, and we'll eat wherever she wants to dine at.

As Carrie smiled at the thought of doing things she wanted to do on her special day.

Rita: I think that's a fine thing to do, Jack.

Eric: We're also gonna be having a small graduation gathering celebration over at apartment's apartment after dinner for all our friends, with drinks, snacks and even some cakes and brownies we baked just last night.