Dancing With You | 25

Joe's POV:

Unable to look away from her, my lips parted. "Thank you for helping me." She smiled and put my shirt to the side. Her hand rested on my knee, sending fireworks through my chest. The dim lighting in the room reflected off of my bare chest. It lit up her eyes and face in a way I didn't think would make her more beautiful.

I stood up quickly, holding my hand out. "May I have this dance?" Her palm met mine and I guided her to the middle of the hotel room yet again. "Our third of the night. Do you enjoy dancing, Joe?" I slid my hand to her lower back. "I enjoy dancing with you."

Her smile grew as she looked up at me. "I'm flattered. I enjoy dancing with you too."

"Lex..." My hands slid to the small of her back. I clung onto the baggy t-shirt.

"Yes, Joe?"

"I cannot get you out of my head.." Her face lit up and she bit her bottom lip. "Joe...I—"
"Let me finish, please Lex. The alcohol in my system is giving me a lot more bravery than I normally have." She motioned for me to continue.

"I have liked you for a while now. I look for you when you go to our shows. I make sure you're invited to all family events so that I can hang out with you. I sometimes wear things hoping you'll like them on me. I miss you right now and you're in my arms..."

She held my face in her hands then slid them down my bare chest. Her touch sent tingles through my body. She looked up at me innocently and it took everything in me to not take her right there. But I don't know if she feels the same. I have to keep calm.

I lessened the space between us. "I would love to take you on an actual date." The room around us was still. My heart was beating out of my chest waiting for a response.

"I'd love to be taken on an actual date." I swept her feet off the floor and spun her around. Her laugh filled my ears, making it hard to stop smiling. Her hands made their way to my neck, still traveling into my hair. My eyes were locked on hers. She stood on her toes, gently bringing us closer. I could feel her breath. "Joe...Can I kiss you?" I responded by closing the distance. She ended our kiss and pushed me back onto the bed. Her legs straddled me and my hands gripped her thighs. She pushed her loose hair behind her ears and looked down at me, her hands on my belt. I have been thinking about this moment for so long. And now she's finally in front of me.

She tugged on my belt and her lips parted. "I think we're wearing too many clothes Jonas..."