one

❝ GOD IT'S BRUTAL OUT HERE ! ❞

GOD IT'S BRUTAL OUT HERE !

CHAPTER ONE
WELCOME BACK TO HELL

sophomore year, otherwise known as sophomore slump

sophomore year, otherwise known as sophomore slump. audrey had dreaded this day ever since summer break started. she was pretty smart for her age, right now she was supposed to be a freshman but in fourth grade she got bumped up to fifth— she didn't really look at herself as a smartass. audrey just thought everyone around her was dumb.

she would have to go back and listen to the annoying ass teachers, sit quietly on her desk while they filled her head with things she would never need in the future, go home and do homework or study for whatever pop quiz mrs. brown would pull out of her ass and do every extra curricular known to man.

oh and the fact that alyssa's younger brother and his friend group would also be at her school did not help at all.

audrey would say that she was pretty popular at school, last year when she was a freshman she helped some of the old senior girls set free a bunch of turtles that they had in cages for biology class, it was an accident too— the accident that turned out to be her golden ticket to social relevance.

audrey had left her pencil case back in the biology classroom and when she went to get it the caught the five girls trying to free the animals. and well with her being a freshman and wanting to be popular she swore to never tell anyone and helped them set the turtles free.

after that everything just happened on its own and she got invited and greeted, well everywhere. so yeah audrey would say that she made it— she got in and nothing was going to ruin that for her especially not benj and his little nerd clan.

"i am literally going to die mom." audrey groaned as she walker groggily down the stairs, her backpack was slung over her shoulder and she could already feel the back pain she would be getting this year.

"please don't sweetie, just imagine how excited you'll be at yale." lydia smiled at her daughter, taking small sips of her wine— it was seven in the morning for christ's sake. "is bailey coming here first or are you going straight to alyssa's?"