nine

❝ GOD IT'S BRUTAL OUT HERE ! ❞

GOD IT'S BRUTAL OUT HERE !

CHAPTER NINE
COOL GUYS DON'T SING

"beer for you," benj came back and handed the cup to her, but audrey couldn't really concentrate right now because her head was absolutely spinning and for once she felt really nervous around him

"thank you," she smiled at him as he sat down next to her, his eyes lit up once he realized that this was happening. he was really sitting with audrey in a public place and he was about to have a beer with her, life could not get better right now.

the two stared at each other for a couple of seconds, audrey could feel her heart pounding in her chest, and she wondered if benj could hear it too. she took a sip of her beer, trying to calm herself down, but it didn't help much. every little thing about him suddenly seemed more noticeable—his warm brown eyes, the way his hair fell slightly over his forehead, and that goofy smile that usually annoyed her but now felt oddly endearing.

"i love this song," benj finally broke the silence, his voice a little softer than usual.

audrey had barely even noticed the song that was playing. "oh yeah? wanna get on the mic?" she teased.

"very funny," benj chuckled, though this time he didn't feel offended by her joke.

"come on share your gift," she giggled as she leaned in and nudged his shoulder before clearing her throat. "excuse me everyone! can i have your attention?" she called out.

"no don't be a dick please." benj quickly stopped her by placing a hand on her mouth.

"all right, jeez!" she frowned, she didn't like how benj was afraid to show his real self and she felt like she was to blame for it. "god forbid anyone meets the real you."

"i'm sorry. i just..." benj sighed. "i don't feel like singing right now."

"copy that." audrey nodded, her eyebrows raised. "cool guys don't sing." she trailed off as she looked at a group of people playing shotgun, slowly raising her hand to fidget with her necklace.