six

❝ GOD IT'S BRUTAL OUT HERE ! ❞

GOD IT'S BRUTAL OUT HERE !

CHAPTER SIX
THIS CANNOT BE HAPPENING

CHAPTER SIXTHIS CANNOT BE HAPPENING

benj did not like audrey rae. he couldn't. she was mean to him and treated him like a child. so why the fuck was he getting jealous over seeing her with another boy? sure he had heard her talking about boys with his sister and it got him a little irritated but seeing it in person, watching this guy so desperately try to kiss her while she swerved him every time that definitely got on his nerves.

he had gotten so side tracked that he didn't even realize that he came here for another girl, he didn't even look to find bailey around. a nagging part of him wished that he was that dude right now, not because he wanted audrey to swerve him but because he had the balls to actually try something with her.

when he was younger audrey was the actual girl he had a crush on, despite her thinking that he was some weirdo for doing musical theatre. he would never say it out loud and he would definitely not tell anyone but most of his performances were dedicated to her because even if she thought it was the lamest thing on earth she would come to all of them, clapping as if she wasn't going to tease the fuck out of him after.

"that's crazy dude," audrey giggled as she pushed adrien back, he was leaning into her too close for her comfort.

benj clenched his jaw as he watched the scene unfold. audrey's laugh, usually something that annoyed him when it was directed at him, now twisted something deep in his chest. adrien was too close, leaning in like he had every right to be there, and audrey was just... laughing it off. that stupid, carefree laugh that she always had, the one that never seemed to take anything seriously.

he didn't understand why it bothered him so much. audrey had always been a pain—always teasing him, always treating him like some little kid who needed to be looked after. and yet, he couldn't shake the feeling that this was different. that seeing her with adrien, seeing her push him away with that same dismissive laugh, was somehow worse.