28

Jeff

I woke up feeling small kisses on my forehead, nose, and cheeks. A warm sensation of tenderness enveloped me, and I curved my lips into a smile before lazily opening my eyes. The soft light of dawn filtered through the curtains, bathing the room in a golden glow. As I opened my eyes, I found Alan's tender gaze, his eyes shining with a deep love that made me feel even closer to him. After the mark, our connection had intensified, as if I could perceive his emotions with more certainty. It felt so beautiful, so sweet.

"Good morning, darling," he whispered, gently caressing my cheek and giving me a sweet smile that showed his dimples.

"Good morning," I replied, my voice a bit hoarse from sleep.

"How do you feel? Does it hurt?" he asked worriedly, frowning as his eyes searched mine with anxiety.

I shook my head. "It feels a bit strange, but it's tolerable," I replied softly, trying to reassure him.

Alan wrapped me in his arms, pulling me closer to him. "I don't want you to feel any pain," he murmured, kissing my forehead tenderly. "I love you so much."

I felt a surge of love that made my heart tremble. "And I love you. So much."

"I talked to Charlie and told him you'd stay home today. I'll stay with you and take care of you. I'll make you something delicious, and we'll stay in bed all day," he said with a mischievous smile, his eyes sparkling with playfulness as he tenderly stroked my hair.

"Alan!" I exclaimed, feeling my cheeks flush to my ears.

"What? We can watch movies cuddled up. What was my sweet husband thinking?" he asked with a cheeky smile, his eyes full of love and fun.

I lightly punched his shoulder, pouting. "No, I wasn't thinking about anything," I defended myself, feeling the heat in my cheeks.

He let out a light laugh that resonated beautifully in the room before placing a tender kiss on my forehead.

"Do you want to bathe together?" he asked, his gaze darkening with desire.

"No! No, no," I said, shaking my head quickly, my heart pounding.

"Why? We've already seen everything there is to see and more," he said with a cheeky smile, his eyes sparkling with mischief.

I tried to punch his shoulder again, feeling deeply embarrassed, but he took my hand and left a soft kiss on my knuckles. I swallowed, feeling a lump in my throat. "Let me... let me get used to it," I whispered, my voice trembling slightly.

He took a deep breath, his eyes softening. "Okay. I'll prepare the bath for you," he said before jumping out of bed and heading to the bathroom.

The hot water relaxed my muscles and made me feel at ease. There was still a slight dull pain, but it was tolerable. There was no blood or unbearable pain. In fact, everything was... beautiful and felt good. Really good. Now, the professor's words echoed like a distant memory. All my fear and anxiety were for nothing. I understand why Alan was so upset, saying they had traumatized me. But, although it was beautiful for me, that doesn't mean it's the reality for others in our world. I... I am really lucky to have Alan. Only with him can it feel tender and intense. Only he can make my heart race like this. No one else. With no one else would it have been like this. And now we belong to each other forever, I think, stroking his mark on my neck while I can't help but smile.

After finishing breakfast, Alan looked at me with a broad smile. "Wait here, I have a gift for you," he said before heading to his car. My heart raced with anticipation. A gift? What could it be?

He returned and sat next to me on the couch. "Actually, yesterday I went to the university not just to see you, I wanted to give you this. I realized I had been a complete fool for not thinking of it sooner. One night was enough," he said, handing me a beautiful box.