38

Flash Back Alan Parte II

I used to think I didn't need anyone. I tried to close my eyes so I wouldn't see how cold I was becoming from the icy shards of glass, so I wouldn't see how they sank into my heart and blinded me. I was sad and desolate, alone in my darkness. I wanted to see him again. I wanted to tell him that I had been struggling to breathe in this painfully cold life. And I wanted to tell him that I didn't want to keep living like this. This strange feeling, like a hidden place in my heart, is even starting to tickle. It's uncomfortable, but I don't hate it.

My father's voice echoed harsh and authoritative. "Very well, Alan. Everyone tells me your training sessions are getting more perfect. That doesn't mean you can slow down. In this world, no one will give you time or consideration. Much less do the weak survive. I hope the incident with that little animal the other day doesn't happen again, unless you're using it to practice new torture methods. Is that clear?" my father snapped, his eyes cold as steel piercing into mine. "Yes, father," I responded like a robot, head down, feeling the weight of his expectations crushing me.

Mr. Prem approached with a malicious smile, his eyes gleaming with a mix of mockery and disdain. "I understand your concerns, boss. Alan is already a little death machine, but he's still young and company can... can influence him badly." "Company?" my father asked, raising an eyebrow. "That boy, Babe. He doesn't take everything very seriously. And the omega. What alpha can be taken seriously if he's friends with an omega?" he asked, dripping venom with every word, savoring each syllable.

I glanced at him sideways. He was my father's right-hand man, but he always seemed to try to emulate him. I hated him. Trying to be a copy and criticizing me, injecting even more venom into my father. "Are you still hanging out with them?" my father asked furiously, his voice thundering in the room. "Babe is the best of all the soldiers. And although Way is an omega, his talent rivals that of an alpha. Didn't you tell me to surround myself with the best?" I asked, raising my chin defiantly, feeling a spark of rebellion ignite within me.

He narrowed his eyes, scrutinizing me, evaluating every word, every gesture. "I'm considering that omega as your future partner," he said after a few seconds, his voice cold and calculating. "We need to secure his loyalty and his powers. He will be our secret weapon."

I felt a pang in my heart. It was impossible. Between Way and me, it was completely impossible. And besides, I... I hadn't been able to stop thinking about the little boy. His scent. His sweetness. I had found myself dreaming and thinking about him thousands of times and at the same time reproaching myself. He was probably a boy from his home, who had nothing to do with this world. It wouldn't be fair for me to bring him into this darkness. Between us, even in the future when we grew up, it would be impossible.

"Oh, are you sure?" Mr. Prem asked, his voice dripping with sarcasm. "That boy is too... he's below expectations." "His powers make up for it," my father snapped, his voice cutting. "Do you doubt my decisions?" "Never, boss. Never."

Knock, knock. "Ah, come in, come in."

Dean entered with his characteristic soft smile, his presence always impeccable and controlled. "Dean was crowned the fastest in this afternoon's training," Mr. Prem snapped as Dean approached with his head down. Dean was the perfect son. He always did everything his father said. We weren't close, but his father insisted we should be. I didn't need someone by my side who couldn't think for himself. I looked at him with disgust, feeling a mix of pity and disdain.

"Well, make him surpass Babe and maybe my son can consider him close," my father snapped maliciously, his words full of venom. I rolled my eyes discreetly. As if that were possible, I thought. And then my gaze met Prem's hands stroking his beard. A snake ring. I opened my eyes wide, remembering the little boy's warning. This man would be more than capable of getting rid of Way and Babe, I had no doubt about that, especially if it meant the rise of his son Dean.