Extra 2. KimKenta

Kenta

The rain falls relentlessly, each drop crashing to the ground with a hypnotic rhythm, as if the sky were sharing a sad secret with the world. I lose myself in my thoughts, watching how the water forms small puddles that reflect a gray and melancholic sky. Everything around seems like a watercolor of muted tones, with the constant sound of the rain filling the emptiness of my mind.

Winner crashed into love. He said he was madly in love, that he didn't care if that person was crazy; he would give his life for him. And so he did. He died for love, leaving behind an impossible void to fill. Sometimes I think he was brave; other times, I think he was a fool. But I can't deny that, in his own way, he loved with an intensity that few ever know.

My father, blinded by his obsession with power, never saw beyond his own ambitions. When he learned of Winner and Dean's deaths, reality hit him with the force of an inescapable wave. Facing Alan and Pete was a challenge he wasn't willing to take on, and his pride led him to take the easier path. In the end, none of them thought of me.

The last time I heard from Winner, he tried to warn me to stay away. I guess, deep down, he was a good brother, in his own way. But my father... when he found out I was under Alan's guardianship, he barely showed any interest. To him, I was just an omega, a transaction piece with no real value. At that moment, Winner was his priority, the hope of keeping everything from Alan. I was a collateral loss, insignificant.

Alan took my guardianship, or rather, made sure I didn't become a problem. But it didn't bother me. I had a home, food, and security. No one forced me into anything, and no one approached me. It was a lonely life, but peaceful. And in that solitude, I realized that the only family I had left was my cousin Jeff, the same cousin I had tried to make miserable so many times. Yes, that cousin. Life is curious.

When I found out he had been hurt, my heart clenched. I think, deep down, I care about him. I still visit and bother him from time to time, though I've toned it down a bit, especially when I know the bodyguards are gossips and tell Alan everything. Alan is still intimidating, even more so now that Jeff is expecting a baby. I know he doesn't dare be harsher with me because of Jeff. Otherwise, it would be a different story.

For the sake of a recovering Charlie and Alan's total refusal to give me a room in his house, they got me an apartment. Kim took care of everything, near the university and with minimal amenities. I have a driver and bodyguards. Jeff assured me that my marriage wouldn't be arranged, that I could choose my partner, with the only condition being that they would be evaluated by Alan. He wouldn't refuse unless my partner was unsuitable.

At that moment, I felt a fraternal love for Jeff. I was glad he wasn't as he was supposed to be, that he had always been true to his essence, and above all, that he didn't hate me, no matter how much I deserved it.

So, I could choose my partner as long as they were approved by Alan. Well, the person I have in mind could definitely be approved by Alan.

The car finally arrives and stops in front of me. The rain continues to fall relentlessly, each drop creating small universes on the wet pavement. Kim gets out quickly, carrying an umbrella. He really doesn't need to do that; my bodyguards have umbrellas, but he looks cute doing it. The streetlights' reflections in the puddles create an almost magical atmosphere. It's as if each reflection tells a story only we understand.

"Sorry, the meeting ran longer than expected," he apologizes formally and politely before covering me with his umbrella and guiding me to the car. He opens the door for me, and after I get in, he closes it slowly, taking care of every detail.

When he gets back in, he gives directions to his driver. My bodyguards follow us in the car behind, though with Kim, they're hardly necessary. The car's interior is warm and cozy, a refuge from the cold outside.