19 waiting

AUTHOR POV

The inside of his eyelid begins to feel as if it is rusting. He felt a severe headache and ache in his body.

He heaved a long sigh holding his head between his hands feeling pain all over his head and body.

Just then there was a knock on his door, he opened his eyes and to look in front and saw shri there.

"I knew you would have a headache when you woke up, so I prepared this lemonade for you. "
She said coming towards the bed and passed the glass towards him.

He look at the glass she holds out for me and then look at her.

"Take this, it will reduce your headache." She said softly but firmly and sat down on the edge of the bed.

He immediately took the glass from her hand and started drinking while looking at her, whose expression seemed as if she was trying to look calm.

He finished the entire drink and placed it on the night stand and quietly sat there with his legs folded.

"How are you feeling now," She asked in a calm voice.

"Good," He replied softly.

"Why did you drink alcohol yesterday ?" She asked in a firm voice which left him confused.

"I never drink alcohol."
He replied and shook his head no.

"Don't lie Rudransh, you were drunk yesterday," She said in a slightly raised voice which made him gluped in fear.

"I don't " He whispered and lowered his gaze.

When she saw that he was frightened because of her loud voice, she said softly. "Rudra look at me," she said in calm feeling

He shook his head and didn't move to look her in the eyes .

"Rudra..."before She could finish speaking, Rudra cut her in between and said in one breath.
"please don't be angry at me, I have never touched alcohol in my life and yesterday when you went out to attend your call I felt uneasy, I don't even have chocolate, I felt my throat starting to dry, then I saw the waiter serving some drink in the tray, I went straight to it and drank it in one go and that cold drink was really bitter."

"I'm not lying," He added, still with his head bowed.
And there were slight tears in his eyes when he realized that she was still not saying anything.

"Rudra..." She said placing her hand on his shoulder when she realized that he was silently hiccupping.

"Look at me," She asked, worriedly.

"Please don't be angry at me"
He said ,crying softly , thinking that she was still angry at him.

"I'm not angry at you," She said, holding him by the chin and lifting his face to look at him, tears streaming lightly down his cheeks and eyes.

'I'm sorry for raising my voice a little because I thought you were lying because you were drunk yesterday but after what you just told me I quiet for a few minutes and started connecting the dots. Bearing in mind that this may be due to the fact that you are feeling uneasy and are trying to calm yourself down,you drink it in one go without checking first. ""
She said, explaining to him why she became silent for a few minutes and wiped his tears.

He listened and watched as she explained and wiped his tears away .

"Thank you, for understanding me" He murmured and suddenly hugged her, now knowing that she was not angry with him, he smiled a little.

She stiffed when Rudransh suddenly hugged her as it was their first embrace which was initiated by Rudransh in his consciousness.

When Rudra realized that her body had become stiff and she had not hugged him back, he immediately withdrew from the embrace.