The Plan

This is Season 4, Episode 6!

(Y/n)'s POV:

Hordak stomps toward Catra and me.

"The Rebellion is dismantling our northern perimeter. Why are our outposts unprepared for an attack?" Hordak questions, furious.

"Because they're skeleton crews. I've called back the main defenses," Catra explains.

"What? Why?"

"Okay..." Catra laughs breathily. "The princesses have no idea what's coming. Let them waste their time on some useless outposts. We are saving our resources for the big mission. The final part of our plan, remember? It's almost time."

"We're... not ready," Hordak claims, placing his hands on the table in front of him. "I need more time to complete the weapon."

I still have no clue what weapon they're talking about. But I was invited to this meeting, so obviously I'm important somewhere along their plan.

"We've put everything into this plan. We don't have more time," Catra retorts.

"This technology... is based on Entrapta's research, but I've reached a dead-end," Hordak sighs. "I need her notes... her recordings. They must hold the key to making this work..."

"Entrapta is a traitor," Catra growls.

I glare at her as Hordak smashes some scrap in his hand. The pieces clatter against the ground.

"You think I don't know that?!" Hordak yells. "This is what she left behind. And this is what I will use to defeat every last princess on Etheria. Horde Prime will be here soon, and when he arrives, he will see what I am capable of... I will return to his side, victorious... worthy. But first... I need. Those. Recordings."

*Time Skip*

Catra and I walk silently down the corridor. since I've gotten back, she's shut herself in her head. I can't understand why.

"Hey, I said you can come, where are you-" the familiar, cheerful human calls out, looking around.

"Who are you talking to?" Catra asks.

Scorpia yelps and jumps, making the liquid in her hands splash around on her small tray.

"Catra! Oh!" she squeaks out, laughing slightly, "Hot! Okay, boy, you can sneak up on a gal. ...Oh, are- are you okay? You don't look so good, I- have you been getting enough sleep? ...Here. I made you some-"

"I didn't ask for your opinion. I have a job for you. I need you to find Entrapta's recordings, you know, that thingy she was babbling into," Catra orders.

"Her recorder," I clarify.

"You want... Entrapta's recordings? Does this mean-" Scorpia gets cut off.

"It means... that Hordak needs them. I'm so close if I can pull this off, everything, everything will have been worth it. Find me those recordings so I can finish this," Catra demands.

"Yes! Yes, I'll find them. I-I promise. D-Did you want any of the... tea? ...You know what, it's not a-" Scorpia starts.

Catra takes the tea from Scorpia and slurps it. She throws it on the ground when she's done.

"What are you still doing here?!" Catra yells.

Scorpia scurries off. Once she's out of sight and Catra's starting to walk off in a different direction, I take Catra's arm. I pull her so she's facing me.

"What's so wrong with you that you can't even treat your friends like friends anymore?"

"Scorpia was never my friend."